Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Locavore App

User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

Locavore App

by Laura T » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:18 am

A new application for the iPhone locates where you are, then locates local, in season food near you.

I don't even have an iPhone (sad face), but I thought some of you might enjoy such an app. It appears to be free.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/locavore ... 40158?mt=8
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Locavore App

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Free it is, which makes it kind of weird that some of the commenters were saying "Don't waste your money." :lol:

Okay ... downloading ... installing ... loading ... okay, pretty good, not great. It is rich in farmer's market info for Louisville and popped up right away with the St. Matthews, Bardstown Road, Rainbow Blossom and many more. If you tap the push pin image, you get the name of the market, and can tap that for more info. It's generally correct, but I can't help noticing that it shows a Thursday farmers' market at St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, which I know for a fact is not now and never has been correct. Hmm.

Anyway, it's amusing if not deeply detailed, and it might be great if you're traveling or visiting a new area. And you really can't complain about the price, which is $0.00.