Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Kenwood mixer anyone?

no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Kenwood mixer anyone?

by Becky M » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 am

i scored an older Kenwood mixer on craigslist this week.... YAY! has anyone here ever used one or owned one before. I had heard of them before and researched them just because. they are from overseas and seem to be the Kitchenaid rival. Right off the bat, I know Kenwood's have loads more wattage then a KA. Right off the bat, a KA is prettier....

but when i was told the Kenwood had 525 watts.... i was sold!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Kenwood mixer anyone?

by Leah S » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 am

I had them for years. KitchenAid is a mere shadow of it's former quality. It's basically cheaply made in China now.

I found the Kenwood quite powerful and the bowl delightfully large. It's also very loud. Very loud. But it does a great job. There's no one locally that works on them, as I had to send one of mine to Indy, I think.
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: Kenwood mixer anyone?

by Becky M » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Leah s wrote:I had them for years. KitchenAid is a mere shadow of it's former quality. It's basically cheaply made in China now.

Based on the myriad of reviews i have read i have found this to be so very true. and based personally on the 70 yr old KA that i have, it seems to prove it.

Leah s wrote: I found the Kenwood quite powerful and the bowl delightfully large. It's also very loud. Very loud. But it does a great job. There's no one locally that works on them, as I had to send one of mine to Indy, I think.

i used it yesterday for our Easter cake and it worked pretty well. My mom was surprised that it didnt walk. My old KA doesn't walk either, but it is not as powerful as the Kenwood either. It was a little louder, but i would guess that comes with it being 525 watts. I liked the large SS bowl as well... pretty cool and easier to handle than my other glass one.

Hopefully i will not have to send it out to get fixed, but i would think it would be worth it since i only paid $40 for it.