Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Pineapple recipes.....

no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Pineapple recipes.....

by Becky M » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm

I cleaned out my pantry yesterday and found that i have A LOT of pineapple and peaches. well, i have a lot of canned fruit in general and most of it is pineapple and peaches. I make some pretty good peach cobbler and thought of throwing pineapple in there with it, but dont know if they go well together. i usually add plums to my peach cobbler, but that is a stone fruit also, which is why i think it works.

i have pineapple chunks and pineapple rings..... other than upside down cake, i am at a loss here.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Pineapple recipes.....

by JustinHammond » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:50 pm

I love grilled pineapple rings (usually fresh) with all types of protein. Finely chopped pineapple and chopped macadamia nuts added to pancake batter makes a good Hawaiian style pancake. I also make a salsa with pineapple, red bell pepper, cilantro, and lime to cool off my chipotle tacos.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm

^^ grilled pineapple!

Sweet and sour chicken with pineapple chunks! (yum!)

Teriyaki Steak or chicken with grilled pineapple.

Angel food cake mix plus a can of the crushed pineapple (not drained) mix it well, pour into angel food cake pan and bake at 350 until done. Serve with fresh whipped cream. (Or you can pour it into muffin tins to make individual pineapple angel food cakes.)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

by Becky M » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 am

i dont know why i never thought of pineapple in pancakes! I make pancakes for my boys at least twice a week, i will be trying this for them tomorrow.

I havent fired up my grill yet, but i guess i have an excuse now!

i have mixed pineapple into other cakes before will have to try the angel food cake, plus a reason to try out my new-to-me mixer!!!
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 am

I know this recpie sounds really weird, but I took it to a family function and everyone loved it. Good ol Paula Deen...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pineapple-casserole-recipe/index.html
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

by Michele Cull » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:12 am

I second the Paula Deen recipe. This has become my Mom's go to dish for potlucks and the pan always comes home empty.

MissChele
MissChele