Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Savory Popcorn Suggestions

no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Savory Popcorn Suggestions

by Will Terry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm a popcorn fiend. It's my favorite snack, and I'm always looking at ways of sprucing it up.

I recently made a peanut butter popcorn topping (1/2 cup honey + 1/2 sugar melted in a sauce pan, add in 1/2 cup peanut butter and a dash of vanilla extract... toss on cooked popcorn) and tossed in some parmesan cheese and italian spices (sadly, I did this on the same night... it was a dinner/dessert combo while my wife was away)... I'm looking for more ideas though for a good savory popcorn.

The one recipe I can't seem to find is what they used to make at the Flying Saucer in Nashville. I've been to other Flying Saucer chasing after it, but have yet to find it again (or the recipe)... I can't find the recipe online, either... if anyone has any clues, I'd love to hear them.

Also, any fun additions to popcorn are welcomed...

Thanks!
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

Re: Savory Popcorn Suggestions

by Jeff T » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 pm

I like a little Beau Monde seasoning. Sometimes i use bacon salt or malt vinegar salt
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

Re: Savory Popcorn Suggestions

by Madeline M » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 am

One of my favorite from Dale and Thomas popcorn is the backyard BBQ flavor. It's a bbq rub with some garlic powder and sugar, they use a sugar water base to get it to stick to the popcorn...it ends up having a slightly sweet and savory flavor...really good!