Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Keeping Tortilla's Warm

no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

Keeping Tortilla's Warm

by Lori R. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:33 am

We are going to be having a party soon and one of the appetizer's I would like to make requires tortilla's. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep a stack of tortilla's warm without having to warm them in the microwave between wet paper towels frequently? Thank you!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:57 pm

Lori,
They sell tortilla warmers at places like Campbells and Williams Sonoma. Some have ceramic disks in the bottom to keep them warm for an extended period.

That said, I have used a cheaper method for many years. Take a stack of tortillas and place them on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. (Optional: Very lightly sprinkle water on top and between some of the layers for extra steam) Fold over the tortillas, forming an envelope and crimp-roll all edges to keep the steam in. THen place in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes. Drop temp to 250 to keep warm for an extended periosd of time.

Deb
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:15 pm

I have had good luck with using a flat bowl overturned on the plate with the tortillas and heated in the microwave for a bit. I use Corelle dishes and it seems to keep the heat nicely.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"