Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Boiled Peanuts

no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Boiled Peanuts

by Michelle R. » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:00 pm

Does anyone know of any place in Louisville to get them? My dad LOVES them, and I was hoping I might be able to locate some in time to give them to him as a gag birthday gift. I've looked online at ValuMarket, thinking they might carry them, but haven't found any yet. Any help would be appreciated!
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:26 pm

Look for CANNED boiled peanuts in the nut section at the larger groceries. I know I've seen them somewhere in this area. I kinda doubt anybody around here sells fresh ones.

Lois
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:23 am

Find some raw or unroasted peanuts and boil them yourself.

Not hard at all, put them in a stockpot add water and apply heat.

Boil for 45 minutes......go salted or unsalted
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
User

Tony D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:29 am

by Tony D. » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 am

Kroger's has Kroger brand raw peanuts right next to the salted in the shell and the unsalted types. I know, because I saw one color bag for unsalted and threw the next color in my cart, not expecting a third player. Boil them yourself in salted or seasoned water, but don't expect the job to be done in 45 minutes. Think eight hour crockpot, then let them get cold before you start popping them. Definitely an acquired taste. A lot like eating peas, but without the green or the flavor.