Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Cake decorators

no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

Cake decorators

by Pam G » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:41 pm

Can anyone recommend a cake decorator? I am giving my sister a baby shower, and she wants a special cake, but not a cake that looks like it is for a baby shower. Unfortunately, the shower is the first Sunday in August and most decorators are completely booked. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Hotbytes forumite, Leah Stewart http://www.louisvilleweddingcake.com/

I know most of the cakes in her pictures are traditional in decoration, but I am certain she can do whatever you need. And an added bonus, her cakes are DELICIOUS!
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Cake decorators

by Jay M. » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Pam G wrote:Can anyone recommend a cake decorator? I am giving my sister a baby shower, and she wants a special cake, but not a cake that looks like it is for a baby shower. Unfortunately, the shower is the first Sunday in August and most decorators are completely booked. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Speaking from personal experience, too, you won't go wrong with Amy's recommendation.
no avatar
User

linda stephens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:42 am

Clarksville

by linda stephens » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:26 am

You should try Donna @ La Tea Dough in Jeff if it's not too far out of your
way. She makes very different and delicious cakes 282-java.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:57 am

One of our former employees is a Pastry chef; Kris does gorgeous and different cake decorating on the side. He taught two pastry cooking classes for us at the store. From experience, his cakes are really good, and beautiful (and he's a great guy to work with!) He's really wiling to work with you to comeup with something different/special.

Kris Lutgring can by reached e-mail at: krislutgring "at" @gmail.com. He also has his portfolio on-line, but I don't know the url off the top of my head.

I highly recommend him.

Deb
Last edited by Deb Hall on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

by Pam G » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:55 pm

I found a cake decorator. Sorry this picture is so crappy looking. But the cake was fabulous! The decorator is Carolyn Braden. I highly recommend her.
Here is her website.
[http://www.carolynsbloomingcreations.com/index.html