Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:16 am

We've still got too much going on the next couple of weeks to do this, but hopefully next time!
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Head Count

by Bill Veneman » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Will, I was going thru and doing a quick talley.....I've got a rough count of 14 so far.......does that jive with your count?
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Is it too late to get a place at the table? It turns out I can make it and would love to meet some of the forumites. I guess I make 15.
See you there.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Add two more to my tally as I will be fortunate enough to have my wife and son join us.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

This is the Evening.......

by Bill Veneman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:07 am

I'm very pleased with the proposed turnout, and this will be a fun event. Looking very forward to meeting you all and renewing old friendships. Don't worry if I'm a few minutes late......I didn't take into account an errand I've got to do before I head out that way, but I will be there.

See you all!

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:50 am

Hello group . It looks like 16 now right? We will have a few different tables for you guys alll in the same vicinity. What time are you planning on coming out?

Will
Will Crawford
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Bill Veneman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:14 am

Will Crawford wrote:Hello group . It looks like 16 now right? We will have a few different tables for you guys alll in the same vicinity. What time are you planning on coming out?

Will

Will, we should be arriving in the 6:30 range........

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

About how long a drive?

by Melissa Richards-Person » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone tonite! How long will it take me to drive out to the restaurant, assuming I live just a few exits from the junction of 71 and 265? And, given that it's "rush hour" is it just easier to take 42 out all the way?

Thanks!
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:38 pm

42 is a most pleasant drive, Melissa. I-71 NB past 265 thins out a bit and wouldn't be bad either but I try to avoid interstate driving at any time unless forced to. So much for brevity, take 42. Twenty-twenty five minutes.
:)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:03 pm

I really wish Mary and I could come, it sounds like it's going to be a blast, and we love Westport General Store. Just doesn't work with our calendar this time, though. :(

Hope this will become a regular gathering ... we'd really like to be involved.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:07 pm

I LOVE this idea, and would so like to meet so many with whom I've corresponded, or simply read your thoughts for so long. Also love the idea of experiencing food with people who truly enjoy good food. Tuesdays would probably work best for us as well. And Mojito's is AMAZING, but we pass it nearly daily, and they are packed even early in the week. Do you think they would make an exception and allow a reservation for something like this? Are you all thinking as soon as next Tues? That would be great for us, and I can call and ask if we can make reservations if we can get a count. I don't know, but I'm thinking Fernando would probably make an exception for something like this? But if someone knows him, that would probably be better, but I don't mind calling to ask. Let me know your thoughts - just trying to help, cuz it sounds like a great idea!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

I should read further, shouldn't I?

by Kim H » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 pm

Sheesh! Sorry about that. Got excited, and didn't page on. Missed the whole event, but hope you all had lots of fun, and I'm sure you had great food. Please post for the next one, because we'd love to attend!!
Previous