Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

Re: Sergio's Louisville Grand Opening Offline

by Paul Mick » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Paul Mick
Robin & Mary
Roger Baylor
Ellen P & Mike
Jackie R
Mandy R (tentative)
Matthew D
Alan H
Steve P, Becky, & daughter
John Hagan & Anne
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Paul Mick wrote:Paul Mick
Robin & Mary
Roger Baylor
Ellen P & Mike
Jackie R
Mandy R (tentative)
Matthew D
Alan H
John Hagan & Anne

It's between this and the State Fair for me. My heart and taste buds day Sergio's, my love for State Fair tackiness on a Friday night pulls me toward the midway! Two totally different atmospheres, for sure.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Mike and I stopped by last night before we went to see the Chicken (and the Bats). Interior looks really good. Still alot of unpacking to do. Long back room with booths. Smaller front room with the bar. The same beer geeks we see at Richo's, BBC St. Matthews, and Sergio's other place, were there.

Did have a beer before the game at Brownings last night. Friday night we sat outside at BBC 4th Street. Sat. am went to Wild Eggs, Westport Village. Same thing everytime. Practically crave it. Their southwest version of eggs bennie. Ate half. Too rich. It actually microwaves well. Always get the grits of the day to go with it. Mike got the pancakes.

See you Friday. Can't wait.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:22 pm

It really depresses me to say this, but I have to withdraw. Busy times for this girl.
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Well I am in! I had to push back my appointment until Monday so I am now able to attend :)
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:01 am

Mandy R wrote:Well I am in! I had to push back my appointment until Monday so I am now able to attend :)

Yay!

The offline technically starts at 6:30, but I'll probably be there around 5:45ish in case anyone is interested in meeting me there. I'm going to a movie around 8, and I wanted to get the full Sergio's experience. :wink:

Here's teh list so far

Paul Mick+1-2
Robin & Mary
Roger Baylor
Ellen P & Mike
Matthew D
Alan H
John Hagan & Anne
Mandy R
Ellen P & Mike
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey guys.....although I'm feeling better, and getting ready to go back to work next week, I'm going to pass on this one.....but I want a full report after the fact!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ellen P » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Mike and I are listed twice. I could probably drink that much but...

Paul Mick+1-2
Robin & Mary
Roger Baylor
Ellen P & Mike
Matthew D
Alan H
John Hagan & Anne
Mandy R
Ellen P & Mike
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Paul, a couple of pals of ours (or at least one of them) may drop by, so if Sarah and/or Kevin get there before us, please make them welcome ...
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ellen P » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 pm

We were there. I guess you guys were in the back dining room? We hung out in the front room with the UL/home brewers that we know. We tailgate near each other, exchanging alcohol :D
I think Mike and I are more unofficial offliner types. We'll use the restaurant/bar suggestion as an excuse to try someplace new. Thanks.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 am

Just wanted to say thanks to Paul for setting up the trip to Sergios. I also wanted to let Sergio(if hes reading this) know that Anne and I had great time and will be looking forward to future visits. While we did get a chance to speak with Bob and Carol C.,Robin and Mary,Paul and friend,Matthew D and Hank we missed Ellen P and Mike..even though your names were on the list twice. Perhaps for future offlines we could think about making a poster board sign indicating where the Hotbytes crew are sitting.
As always the brew was top notch. Service was uniquely Sergios. We have never seen Sergios with that many customers before. Sergio seemed a bit frenzied,filling beers,taking orders,making change and adding up totals on the back of coasters. The Hotbyters were spread out in the middle dinning area standing or sitting where they could between stacks of boxes and glasses that covered most of the flat surfaces in the room. Id like to say Im sure that will all be put away and inventoried by our next visit,but this is Sergios.Its entirely possible that those same boxes and glasses will be there for the next two years.
I cant comment on the food as Anne and I only had chips and chile wontons(both were good),but we did see many orders coming out of the kitchen. In a brief discussion with Sergio he did indicate that a more streamlined menu is in the works. Cheese steaks seemed very popular that night.
All in all it was great to see his new place filled with happy people drinking great brew.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

That pretty much wraps it up. We had the cheese steak - one was enough for the two of us. Good beef, chewy hero roll, Cheez Whiz ... the Philly original! Our friends Sarah and Kevin had the shrimp seviche and gave us a taste ... very good indeed, coarsely chopped shrimp in a piquant, spicy "leche de tigre." The tortilla chips it came with were above average, too: Large, fresh and crisp.

The ambience, if it weren't so typically Sergio, could use some work. At one point I went up and introduced myself to a table of people who had nothing to do with HotBytes and looked at me sort of strangely. D'oh!

Adding my voice to the choir thanking Paul for organizing, and sorry we missed Ellen P and Mike.

John Hagan wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to Paul for setting up the trip to Sergios. I also wanted to let Sergio(if hes reading this) know that Anne and I had great time and will be looking forward to future visits. While we did get a chance to speak with Bob and Carol C.,Robin and Mary,Paul and friend,Matthew D and Hank we missed Ellen P and Mike..even though your names were on the list twice. Perhaps for future offlines we could think about making a poster board sign indicating where the Hotbytes crew are sitting.
As always the brew was top notch. Service was uniquely Sergios. We have never seen Sergios with that many customers before. Sergio seemed a bit frenzied,filling beers,taking orders,making change and adding up totals on the back of coasters. The Hotbyters were spread out in the middle dinning area standing or sitting where they could between stacks of boxes and glasses that covered most of the flat surfaces in the room. Id like to say Im sure that will all be put away and inventoried by our next visit,but this is Sergios.Its entirely possible that those same boxes and glasses will be there for the next two years.
I cant comment on the food as Anne and I only had chips and chile wontons(both were good),but we did see many orders coming out of the kitchen. In a brief discussion with Sergio he did indicate that a more streamlined menu is in the works. Cheese steaks seemed very popular that night.
All in all it was great to see his new place filled with happy people drinking great brew.
Previous