Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!

Flabby's Offline

User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

Re: Flabby's Offline

by Paul Mick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:07 am

Excellent suggestion Ed, my vote changes to 4 then.

And Gary, I know how you feel about Germantown. I'm not overly familiar with Germantown, so getting lost is just something that I do whenever I visit.

By the way, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Flabby's, its definitely in a residential area. The first time I went there about 5 years ago, my friends and I were convinced we had the wrong directions until we ran into it. Don't get discouraged!
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:21 am

I also vote for four-ish. We have to leave time for the duel!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:When our station used to frequent Flabby's Saturday night chicken extravaganza, it would fill up early. You might think about 4:00 PM as this gets our crowd in and out of a small place with plenty of time for a walk, a brew somewhere else or other event that some of the crowd may have. I can't remember is chicken is an all day thing or not. Insufficient memory.

I agree ... 4 p.m. makes much more sense for a large group at Flabby's on a Saturday. Really, someone should call Greg Haner fairly early and make sure this whole concept is possible. Any volunteers?
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am

I live just down the road from there, it wouldn't be a problem for me to go in and talk to them tomorrow (and get some take-out he he he...gives me an excuse to do so!)
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Thanks Mandy! We appreciate it even if your motives aren't entirely selfless. :wink:
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Well I just got in from Flabby's (and currently am happily munching on a rolled oyster :wink:) I waited until 4pm to stop by as to have a better idea on how the scenario would be, and there were only two other people there during that time. I spoke to the manager Jim as Greg wasn't in today, he said that while they don't take reservations and therefore cannot guarantee enough seats it shouldn't be an issue. I did count up the seating situation while waiting for my order and there is a booth that could hold 4-6, 39 table seats, and 8 at the bar. Funny enough I ran into Richard (Suzi's husband) 5 minutes after I left and he said that there is no doubt that we should be fine. I promised to give a more accurate number closer to the actual date and as they requested a contact number in case anything should happen gave them mine.

Now in regards to the timing...normally they don't serve chicken until 5pm but Jim told me that with the number of people involved that they could have it ready at about 4:30pm instead. Also, not sure how many vehicles would be involved here but if the numbers get too high it could be a small problem. I could see room for about 8-10 cars within a block but if there are too many more than that some people may want to consider parking someplace like the nearby Kroger and riding in together unless they want a walk. Just a thought....
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

by Alan H » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Paul can you put me down for 1 guest also ?
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:43 am

Please put Anne and myself down, if theres still room.Thanks
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks for the scouting report, Mandy. I keep forgetting to add that my wife and son will also be in attendance when I write my name in so add 2 to my count please. We should be good then to wander in around 4'ish.
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:38 am

Here's the latest list. We're up to 24 people, which is fantastic.

Michelle Cull+1
Laura T and Robert
John Hagan and Anne
Suzi Bernert and Richard
Steve and Sandy
Marsha L and John
Ed Vermillion+2
Mandy R
Robin and Mary
Gary F
Joel H
Doogy R
Alan H+1
Bill Veneman
Jesse Hendrix-Inman
Me
Last edited by Paul Mick on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:45 am

You forgot to add Suzi's husband Richard M....
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 am

So it's March 7th at 4:00? We might be able to join (Laura and Robert).
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Mandy R wrote:You forgot to add Suzi's husband Richard M....

Thansk!
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Paul, it looks like we may want to see if Flabby's has accomodations for this kinda of crowd........if I remember correctly (and it's been ages since I've been there) it's not that large......... :roll:
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:Paul, it looks like we may want to see if Flabby's has accomodations for this kinda of crowd........if I remember correctly (and it's been ages since I've been there) it's not that large......... :roll:

Mandy went and checked on it the other day, and they think they'll be able to handle us. We're going to let them know when we have a final number, but it should be okay.
PreviousNext