Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Holiday gathering

by Bill Veneman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:05 am

It was a grand evening........

On a rather humorous note----my nephews decided that my car needed to be "decked out" for the holiday's, so they got me a set of Raindeer Antlers and a Red nose for it. As I was walking to the car after the party, I noticed a bit a movement by the car, and saw a Doe sniffing the antler on the passenger side.

Thanks again Gayle (aka Windy).
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks so VERY MUCH Gayle. Your Holiday Gathering surely put us in the Season.

The food, friendship and hospiality were incredible.

Gina and I enjoyed meeting you cat....such a Prince. We talked most of the way home about him. I wish I'd seen the black short-tail. We still are in so much pain from losing ours.......visits with felines like yours helps.

T&G
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Gayle,

Thank you so very much for opening your lovely home for last nights holiday gathering. You are a wonderful hostess and we appreciate everything that went in to the preparation. Becky and I enjoyed the food a great deal but it was the company and conversations that really made the evening for us. It is so nice to get to know so many of the wonderful people who contribute to this forum. Thanks again.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Thanks

by Steve Shade » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Sandy and I had a fine time. Everyone and everything was wonderful. Appreciate you as a great hostess.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Gayle knows how to throw a party! Thank you, Gayle. We had so much fun and I'm still stuffed.

Robin, you shoulda brought Mary to the party anyway - John and Annie brought a bottle of 12-yr-old Pappy that would have made her tooth feel a LOT better.
I think we almost killed the whole bottle! I certainly did my part :)
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm disappointed we couldn't make it this year. And I hope it doesn't mean I'm off the A list, Gayle. Maybe we'll see some of y'all out and about New Year's Eve.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 pm

I had a great time too. I was a bit dissapointed I had to leave so soon. As humor would have it, my niece was asleep when I got to her house. :? :roll: :lol:

Gayle was the consummate hostess. I believe everyone felt quite at home. I couldn't leave the devilled eggs alone (much to my cat's dismay, lol) Speaking of cats, I would like to echo the sentiment of how cool that cat was!

Pappy 12? Don't mind if I do! :D

Here's looking forward to the next! /raise
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Gayle knows how to throw a party! Thank you, Gayle. We had so much fun and I'm still stuffed.

Robin, you shoulda brought Mary to the party anyway - John and Annie brought a bottle of 12-yr-old Pappy that would have made her tooth feel a LOT better.
I think we almost killed the whole bottle! I certainly did my part :)

I have a confession to make...When things were wrapping up and everyone else was putting together a little "to go" plate of food/cookies...I was pouring myself a little "to go" shot of the 12 y.o. "Pappy" (bad Stevie...no biscuit) I saved it until I got home and then enjoyed it with a nice cigar. Thank you again John and Annie, good ol' Woodford Reserve will never be what it once was.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh you bad boy Steve. :wink: That was the first bourbon that I have ever tasted that let me understand the term "smooth" in reference to a bourbon. Wow! It was something else, wasn't it?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 am

Fantastic evening! So good to see everyone and eat great food. Thank you Gayle for gracious time in your lovely home. Happy Holidays to all the forum friends.
User

Linda B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Louisville, KY

by Linda B » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Gayle,
Mark & I had such a wonderful time Sunday evening! Your home is beautiful and it was so gracious of you host such a fun gathering! As always, the food was delicious and no duplications on any of the dishes! That's amazing! When we were leaving we saw two does in the open lot at the end of your street! It was a beautiful ending to a very special night! Thanks again!
Linda & Mark Bayens
Linda Kunz Bayens
Owner of Cooking at the Cottage (502) 893-6700 &
Full time Realtor for Re/Max Associates since 1982 (502) 452-2527
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:49 pm