Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Louisville Hotbytes Forum BBQ & Book Drive July 20th @ 1PM

by David R. Pierce » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:29 am

Marsha L. wrote:Great idea, David - I'll pick those up.

Wouldn't it be cool to print the name tags with everyone's avatar picture. Just like a high school reunion. Good times...
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:35 pm

It looks like my grandson's soccer team has a good chance of advancing into the playoffs of the Bluegrass Games in Lexington on Sunday. Plans are now for me to drive over Sunday afternoon and watch a soccer game or two. Unfortunatlely, that means no Bar-BQ and book drive for me. :cry: However I will drop my books off on the way out of town. :D
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:43 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:

Wouldn't it be cool to print the name tags with everyone's avatar picture. Just like a high school reunion. Good times...

I think just having your name next to a can of Billy beer would be worth the cost of the name tags. That could be a great conversation starter. "I'm a brewer, I brew really good beers, seriously! Just ignore the Billy beer on my chest, and go try my Amber Ale. What, ...no it was not inspired by Billy Carter!"
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Todd Antz wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:

I think just having your name next to a can of Billy beer would be worth the cost of the name tags. That could be a great conversation starter. "I'm a brewer, I brew really good beers, seriously! Just ignore the Billy beer on my chest, and go try my Amber Ale. What, ...no it was not inspired by Billy Carter!"

Funny. I have something better than a Billy name tag to wear but you have to come to see it.

True story: My wife & I purchased our 1905 Crescent Hill home (we're the 3rd owner!) from Joe Phillips. Joe was VP of Sales & Marketing for Falls City Beer AND was the inventor/originator of the whole Billy Beer concept He took the project from first pitch to fruition, he was the guy that convinced Billy that his beer would be huge.

We pretty much had to buy the house didn't we?
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:49 am

What a cool story!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Okay, Mary and I will be able to be there! :) I was going to show off and make something, but then we went to Preferred Meats and discovered they were smoking their own fresh beef brisket that day. It was infreakingCREDIBLE, no way I could match something like that, so we're bringing a big bucket of it and some rolls. :)
User

Andrea E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

La Grange, KY

by Andrea E » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:50 pm

:D That's so funny, Robin...Mike's birthday is Monday and we are doing his birthday dinner tomorrow evening and guess what we're having...smoked beef brisket! Guess we'll load up on it tomorrow, which is never a bad thing. Interesting side note - I got the brisket from Foxhollow Farms beef at the Norton Commons Farmers Market, should be good!

I am bringing my rustic Olive & Rosemary bread, a strawberry shortcake trifle and a mess o'cookies. Save room - you have been warned!
Q&A Sweet Treats Bakery & Dessert Cafe
211 South First Street
La Grange, KY 40031
502-265-0550
www.qasweettreats.com
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:33 pm

I am still bringing the veggie tray, a gallon or two of iced (probably fruit) sun tea. Due to some outside problems, I was diverted from decisions regarding a main, but I will get something in the hopper tonight/tomorrow morning. I am leaning toward seafood, since it looks like we have chicken, beef and pork. What is our count looking like?
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Suzi, I think was the only one planning on bringing chichen (Asian chicken salad), but I am out of the picture now. I'll just drop by long enough to give Jessica my books and have a sip of your sun tea.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Suzi, At this point I'm not sure of the count. Bring on the books, food and fun! Really looking forward to it! See you tomorrow.

edited once to take out the worry! Game on!
Last edited by Ed Vermillion on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Ed,
I think you should worry about nothing!!! I have plenty of plates, napkins, cups, etc.--other people are bringing such too. I'm making pork tenderloins with Blue Dog and a bean salad Robin is bringing smoked brisket. Just look at all the food everyone is bringing!!!! We will have WAY too much.

You made all the arrangements and you really shouldn't bring anything. Just show up tomorrow and we will all have a great time!!! If we forget something, both you and I are close enough to go pick it up.

Thanks for all you have done.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Carol C wrote:Ed,
I think you should worry about nothing!!! I have plenty of plates, napkins, cups, etc.--other people are bringing such too. I'm making pork tenderloins with Blue Dog and a bean salad Robin is bringing smoked brisket. Just look at all the food everyone is bringing!!!! We will have WAY too much.

You made all the arrangements and you really shouldn't bring anything. Just show up tomorrow and we will all have a great time!!! If we forget something, both you and I are close enough to go pick it up.

Thanks for all you have done.

Well said, Carol! I move we make this sentiment unanimous.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 am

My cake is done, the cooler is packed with Bourbon Barrel Stout, Nut Brown Ale, Amber Ale, and American Pale Ale. I have cups for beer and books. See y'all there!
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:50 am

Whoo hoo! I got up at 6 and started prepping. I made a coconut cake, since Bob and Ed both claim to love it so much. I pulled the silk off 20 ears of corn, made the bourbon butter, boiled three dozen eggs and made the jalapeno-pimento stuffing for them.

Between John and I and Cafe Lou Lou, we've got three bags full of books! 8)

I hope it stays overcast like it is now. Geez-Louise - when I walked into the kitchen at Lou Lou at 7:00 this morning it was still 97 FREAKIN' DEGREES, down from, I'm told, 112 FREAKIN' DEGREES when they closed the kitchen last night. Criminy.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Louisville Hotbytes Forum BBQ & Book Drive July 19th @ 1PM

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:58 am

Ed Vermillion wrote: Follow US 42 out approximately 2-3 miles.
At Highway 1793 take a left and follow 1793 for approximately 2 miles. There is a traffic light at Highway 42 & Highway 1793
Near the end of Highway 1793 you will find yourself coming down a very steep hill cut between rocks heading down towards the river.

Ed, my instinct would be just to jump right on Rose Island Road at Prospect and follow it all the way down to Cardinal Harbor. Is there any particularly good reason not to do that?
PreviousNext