Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

The 2nd Tuesday Night Diners (Recap and Possible Upcoming)

by Bill Veneman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 am

Well, our first outing was last evening at Westport General Store! We had a small crowd of 12 folks, and a WONDERFUL time. Will Crawford has done a great job out there, and the staff was very attentive, and food was good, and the company was fantastic.

Gayle MIGHT (I stress MIGHT) have a suggestion for our next gathering if we can work out the logistics (may have to change the day for this one folks to accommodate). I will keep you posted. (Gayle, let me know when you know something and we'll get the act together if possible)

Also, we have a, posted on the past thread on this, an "invitation" to Old Stone Inn for the Diners. Something to consider for a future evening.

Robin, you were missed, however, Richard did keep the table entertained.... Also Richard and Suzi are a GOLDMINE of info of stuff going on around town...learned more in that two hours with them than I 'd heard in a month.

Thanks again for everyone's participation and interest. Keep your eyes on the Offline Board for future events and updates. This is open to those who are interested!
Last edited by Bill Veneman on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Yes, Old STone Inn would love to have the Forum for dinner! Sally and Paul could fill the group on the ghosts of the Inn...very interesting!!!! :D
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Caroline K wrote:Yes, Old STone Inn would love to have the Forum for dinner! Sally and Paul could fill the group on the ghosts of the Inn...very interesting!!!! :D

Caroline, do you still handle the PR and promotions for Old Stone, as you've (or someone else posting as Caroline K) mentioned before in the old forum? I'm sure it's a lovely place, but in the spirit of full disclosure, I think it's only fair that folks state that they're paid to promote a certain restaurant when recommending it.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Kudos to Bill for ringleading a great idea and a fun night. Excellent conversation with Gary F.
Cindy & I missed seeing Robin & Mary (and others). Hopefully schedules will permit more to partake next time. Looking forward to the next one, wherever that may be.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:31 am

Yes, Jay, I do assist in PR and promotions for Old Stone Inn - Sally and Paul are dear friends of mine plus I adore the Inn! Thanks!!!