Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Laser Tag/Paint Ball Facilities

no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Laser Tag/Paint Ball Facilities

by Bill Veneman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:57 am

OK, here's a good one for you. I've been tasked with finding out where is a good place for a department outing for 14 people as a "Team Building" experience. I've only done Paint Ball once, and I didn't enjoy it. Never done laser tag. I'm just starting the research process and want to be as comprehensive, but let's be real, I know food, not sports.

All advise, comments (catty or not) will be welcome!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Laser Tag/Paint Ball Facilities

by JustinHammond » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:08 am

http://www.paintballfun.com/

The Fun Farm
2690 Breckenridge Rd.
Corydon, IN 47112
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Bill Veneman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 am

JustinHammond wrote:http://www.paintballfun.com/

The Fun Farm
2690 Breckenridge Rd.
Corydon, IN 47112

Thanks Justin......I just pulled up that page myself....Love the google searches, but they only give so much of the story. Am hoping to gleen some "hands on" experience reviews.......

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am

I have played paintball there 3-4 times a few years ago. I always had good experiences. I'm not a huge fan of the speedball type fields they have, but it is a personal preference thing. I prefer to run around in the woods like Rambo.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 am

Bill,

My friend, somehow I just can't picture you playing paintball :P Wine tasting yes, paintball no. Joking aside, sometimes these corporate "team building" things can get a little weird. In this case I'm left to wonder how "shooting" your coworkers is an effective tool in building working relationships.

I remember when Raytheon first took over the contract I was working on from Oklahoma University...They had a big meeting in an auditorium where they were giving us all these "rah-rah" corporate speeches and in the middle of all this crap they wanted us to stand up and do "the wave". 200 retired air traffic controllers just kinda looked at each other and then commenced to horse laugh the corporate monkey offstage.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 am

Finally all these years of youth ministry pays off on Hotbytes!!! As has already been mentioned, the Fun Farm is probably your best bet for paintball. Professional folks with a variety of good facilities. THe only problem with paintball is that it can get a little expensive. Most places including the fun farm now require you to use the paint they sell on site instead of bringing your own that you could buy cheaper elsewhere. They do have Laser Tag and a variety of other activities out there.
As far as only Laser Tag, you have two good options around here. I am about to leave in 15 minutes to take my kids to Lazer Blaze next to Big Lots in the...wait for it...Old Sears Building! Reasonable rates and a good facility. Your other choice is the Renaissance Fun Park in Middletown behind the SOnic as you near 265. Both also have some form of mini golf and an arcade with the Fun Park having Go-carts as well. You can call each place and check out group rates or renting out part of their facility specifically for your group. Hope this helps!
Kris
PS Laser Tag is definitely the less painful of the two. Those paintballs can leave marks!
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Bill,
Just got back from Lazer Blaze and picked up a brochure about group outings. For corporate outings during non business hours the cost is $375 for up to 15 people. If you take 15 people that's $25 a person. Price includes 3 games of laser tag and unlimited soft drinks. That's a little more expensive than just going and playing but you would have the entire place to yourself as opposed to others being mixed in with your group if you went during normal business hours. Hope that helps.
Kris
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Bill Veneman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Kris Billiter wrote:Bill,
Just got back from Lazer Blaze and picked up a brochure about group outings. For corporate outings during non business hours the cost is $375 for up to 15 people. If you take 15 people that's $25 a person. Price includes 3 games of laser tag and unlimited soft drinks. That's a little more expensive than just going and playing but you would have the entire place to yourself as opposed to others being mixed in with your group if you went during normal business hours. Hope that helps.
Kris

Kris, owe you one.....thanks for the info. I've sent the places I could find my email info to get me their details. Trust me, I would rather do laser tag than paint ball.....

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 am

Bill,
My daughter went to Paintball Asylum this week and declared it "the best time ever!" the adults in that group really enjoyed it too. It's out by Beulah Church.
Deb
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 am

Bill,
A place not mentioned yet is http://www.openrangesports.com/ in Crestwood. They do paintball and something called reball, which is paintball without the splat if I understand my 13 year old correctly.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:25 am

AmyBK wrote:Bill,
A place not mentioned yet is http://www.openrangesports.com/ in Crestwood. They do paintball and something called reball, which is paintball without the splat if I understand my 13 year old correctly.

Bill,

They also have a REAL gun range at Open Range...Which could come in handy should the aggression and/or testosterone levels get to critical levels.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Bill Veneman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 am

Steve P wrote:
AmyBK wrote:Bill,

Bill,

They also have a REAL gun range at Open Range...Which could come in handy should the aggression and/or testosterone levels get to critical levels.

I've got a feeling that for that very reason my management team would not entertain that venue :wink:

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 am

The LazerBlaze folks next to Big Lots are very nice people and lazer tag is a blast. It'll be fun.
However...
If you're looking for a REAL mind-numbing/alter your perspective on life and co-workers experience where people will REALLY come away with a different viewpoint on themselves and their co-workers I suggest a wild cave tour at Horse Cave. This isn't the usual Squire Boone Taverns/Mammoth Cave/ generic cave tour. This was a hardhat/kneepads/sign a releaseforanythingthatmayhappentoyou sort of tour. No electric lights, no paths, no handrails. Lots of ways to get seriously get hurt. I don't know how their insurance allows for such tours. (It's been 3 years since I went on mine so they may not offer the same tour we went on.) You really have to depend on your tour buddies to get through and you soon find out what folks are made of. I will NEVER do it again.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson