Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

HELP! Apartment/House Shopping. (rental)

by Ethan Ray » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:09 am

Frankly i feel a bit odd posting this here;
but i figure word of mouth isn't a bad means of acquiring new leads...
and we've got a pretty diverse demographic here.

-----

One of my roommates and I are looking for a new place to move into.

anyhow.
here's the specifics:

-Preferably in the Highlands or Cresent Hill/Clifton area, but willing to entertain other possibilities (we've looked into some loft spaces downtown, for example)... we're pretty much willing to entertain most options inside the Watterson.

-Minimum of two bedrooms.

-we're looking for something at (preferably) no more than $900 per month before utilities; we're both trying to make a dent in debt (student loans for me) without leaving us broke or poor at the same time.

-We're damn near absolutely refusing to live in any sort of apartment complex/community. A divided house is great; but we don't want to share a building with dozens of other people.

-must be pet friendly. cats at a bare minimum, small dogs if at all possible. No pet deposit would be even nicer.

-nothing even remotely 'ghetto' or the like. we want a nice place that isn't the least bit run down or dilapidated. We're both young professionals who make a fairly decent living for our age, and would like a place that we could be proud/not ashamed to bring anyone into. (ie. we're looking for something more that your typical early twenties bachelor pad/college student standard.)

if you happen to know of, or see anything - please let me know; either by reply or PM.
we've been shopping around online for the past week or so,
and haven't had much luck. We've both got a few days off, so it's off to hitting the streets on foot and seeing what we can spot.

oh! and we'd like to be able to do this towards the end of this month/beginning of next. (so immediately available properties only.)

thanks in advance!
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:44 am

"You've got mail." PMs waiting for you.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Ditto the PM!
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

update.

by Ethan Ray » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:52 am

sorry for not getting ahold of you guys, but shortly after i posted this, in the midst of our searching, i spotted a 'for rent' sign just down the street from where we're living currently.

it met our price range nicely and has damn near every other criteria we were looking for.

we should start moving in sometime this weekend/next week.

to top it off, it being just down the street (literally, the opposite end of a residential street), we don't have to worry about adjusting to a new locale, or worrying about security/safety issues.

thanks to both of you Leah and David, and anyone else who sent some leads my way.

i'll be sure to post here should a similar occasion arise.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.