Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Missing Dog

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Thu May 17, 2007 12:14 pm

Wanted to bump this up...have you had any news about Bridgit, Tanya? You may want to post a notice on the Louisville Pet Pals message board http://www.louisvillepetpals.com/msgboard/index.php and don't forget to drop flyers at veterinarians offices. Also, I'd register her with Metro Animal Services as missing. They won't tell you over the phone whether or not she was brought in, you have to do a walk through of the kennels daily, but they do have a board to post flyers. I put Sally's info there and at the KY Humane Society, who also has a lost dog board in house. Keep looking, I know you'll get her back...
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Thu May 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Tanya, is your dog microchipped? I don't know about the other brands of chips, but Home Again (the most popular) has a new "pro-active" service. If you advise them your pet is missing (assuming it has a Home Again chip), they will alert vets and shelters in your area for you!

http://www.homeagain.com
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Thu May 17, 2007 12:57 pm

I went to Louisville Metro Services and registered her as lost on Monday. She isn't microchipped, unfortunately. I will be passing out/hanging up new flyers today as soon as I get off work, and I will definitely check out that web site and post. These are all really great suggestions.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Still looking

by Suzi Bernert » Thu May 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Since we live in Old Louisville area and son goes to Iroquois HS, we go back and forth a lot as graduation gets closer. We'll keep looking on our trips. Hope she is home soon!!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Bridget's Pic

by TanyaD » Fri May 18, 2007 7:44 am

Finally had a chance to scan a pic:
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Fri May 18, 2007 10:53 am

Also, an ad in the CJ is useful, although you will get crank calls, I did with Sally and it was infuriating... :evil: I have to believe in karma for those idiots!

With the weekend looming if you can organize a party to go door to door stuffing mailboxes and plastering flyers on every telephone pole, tree and business that too will be useful. If someone does have Bridgit with the intent of keeping her, they may realize this dog is too hot to keep and turn her in. We had that happen once with a lost greyhound...someone saw all the flyers up everywhere and decided they really didn't want to keep a dog that was being pursued that intently.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri May 18, 2007 11:04 am

We did a pass through Algonquin, Central and Montana this morning. Sorry to say no sighting. Keep the faith, she'll turn up.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

FOUND, but there's a problem

by TanyaD » Tue May 22, 2007 7:33 am

Thanks for looking, Ed, but I found out yesterday exactly where she is. I had my suspicions that something was amiss when I drove through the neighborhood yesterday and noticed that almost 90% of the 80 flyers I posted were ripped down. When I got home, I had a message from a neighbor of the STUPID COW WHO STOLE MY DOG who told me this woman on Tennessee Ave. found Bridget, discarded her collar, and is now calling her "Princess." As I do not feel I am dealing with a Rocket Scientist, I will be confronting her today after work and threatening her with myriad legal action. I'm debating whether or not I should first try to get a photo with her and my dog first just in case this does go to court, but I'm not sure I have the patience. I just think my best bet right now is to throw a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo at her and try to scare her into giving me my dog back. If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know. I just cannot fathom how, with the animal shelters being as overcrowded as they are and animals being euthanized daily, someone has the gall to take a dog that clearly already has a home. :evil:
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 am

I figured someone had her...take witnesses with you, dress them in suits, introduce them as your lawyers...
no avatar
User

Michele B.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Louisville, KY

by Michele B. » Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 am

This is an excellent reason to get your pets a microchip. All vets and shelters now have the equipment to scan pets to insure their true idenity and return them home quickly.

Tanya, good luck in bringing Bridget home and busting the evil dog snatcher. At least you now know where she is and I'm sure when confronted she will run to her real mommy.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Tue May 22, 2007 9:46 am

It seems to me, too, that this "e-trail" we have on this website would certainly prove you've been attempting to find your dog in good faith. I've no idea if it would hold weight in court, but it could be a good thing to point out to her.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 am

Well, I don't think I'll have any problems proving she is mine in court. I have hair, urine, and fecal samples, her puppy pics, vet records, and witnesses. If the stupid moron wants to go that far, I am totally prepared. And yes, right now I sure wish I had had her microchipped!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue May 22, 2007 10:05 am

Another vote for Home Again. I had my last kitty microchipped just becasue I'd be heartbroken if he got out and couldn't find his way back home. At least if he's turned in somewhere he's identifiable.

It was $17.50 to register and about $50 for the insertion. I think . . .
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: FOUND, but there's a problem

by Robin Garr » Tue May 22, 2007 10:07 am

TanyaD wrote:Thanks for looking, Ed, but I found out yesterday exactly where she is. I had my suspicions that something was amiss when I drove through the neighborhood yesterday and noticed that almost 90% of the 80 flyers I posted were ripped down. When I got home, I had a message from a neighbor of the STUPID COW WHO STOLE MY DOG who told me this woman on Tennessee Ave. found Bridget, discarded her collar, and is now calling her "Princess." As I do not feel I am dealing with a Rocket Scientist, I will be confronting her today after work and threatening her with myriad legal action. I'm debating whether or not I should first try to get a photo with her and my dog first just in case this does go to court, but I'm not sure I have the patience. I just think my best bet right now is to throw a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo at her and try to scare her into giving me my dog back. If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know. I just cannot fathom how, with the animal shelters being as overcrowded as they are and animals being euthanized daily, someone has the gall to take a dog that clearly already has a home. :evil:

These people deserve a whuppin', Tanya. I concur with the others: Do confront her, but don't do it alone. Take witnesses, don't threaten physical or other violence. The idea of having your witnesses wearing suits is a nice touch, even if they don't claim to be lawyers (if they're not), which might break some law. Be polite, be firm.

Keep us posted, and let us know if anyone on the forum can help in any way.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue May 22, 2007 10:30 am

How about "these are my Representatives"? Used it once on an Ex to get my stuff back, but it was in another state, many years ago :wink:
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
PreviousNext