Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Missing Dog

User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Missing Dog

by TanyaD » Tue May 15, 2007 2:05 pm

My Yorkie mix, Bridget, got out Saturday. She looks pretty much like a purebred Yorkie, but her hair is not as long. She is black and tan and was last seen in the neighborhood between Central Ave. and Algonquin Pkwy, around Colorado Ave. I suspect that someone found her and decided to just keep her. She has a red collar with dog tags, which include my name and phone number. If anybody sees a dog matching her description in that area, please PM me. Thanks for your help. :cry:
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue May 15, 2007 2:13 pm

I am so sorry. Put up signs in the 'hood. That works better than anything else. Chances are she didn't get far away.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Yup

by TanyaD » Tue May 15, 2007 2:33 pm

I have signs all over the place and go through that neigborhood every day yelling her name. Hopefully, someone will see her and call.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Yup

by Robin Garr » Tue May 15, 2007 3:01 pm

TanyaD wrote:I have signs all over the place and go through that neigborhood every day yelling her name. Hopefully, someone will see her and call.

We don't live nearby, Tanya, but I really hope you find her, and don't hesitate to use the forum to help spread the word. Feel free to post the same message in the busier Louisville Restaurants section, too. Even though it's off topic, no one will mind. :)
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Tue May 15, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks, Robin.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue May 15, 2007 3:09 pm

My dog was once gone for three weeks. One day she just showed up in the yard. You'll find her.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue May 15, 2007 3:11 pm

I am going to pick my son up at school shortly. I'll check the 7th St. side of Algonquin/Central both ways as we go.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Tue May 15, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks, Suzi!
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Wed May 16, 2007 6:51 am

Tanya, my son and I went out to eat tonite and we had planned to go around the Winkler and Algonquin area, and around Colorado, but it ended up pouring down rain and we decided she was either in someone's nice dry home or curled up under a dry porch. I'm still going to go over there and look for her. I grew up in that area.
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Wed May 16, 2007 6:55 am

Sorry, I said Winkler when I meant to say Central Ave.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Wed May 16, 2007 7:23 am

I, too, was hoping that she was in somebody's house last night, because that rain and wind were horrible! I now need to go back out and replace the flyers, since most of them are probably illegible now or got blown away.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville: Highlands

Some hints...

by Mary Anne » Wed May 16, 2007 8:07 am

I had a similar heartwretching lost dog incident last summer. My girl was gone for five days! Awful. She was sighted but was so terrified she wouldn't come to anyone. The UPS/Fed Ex/Postpeople all need to get a flyer with a picture. They spend all day in the neighborhood and see things no one else does, also children are a good bunch to recruit, offer a reward and put them to work. Biggest thing is don't give up, keep walking and calling and passing out flyers, I laid out nearly 1000 over the five days my Sally was gone, and ultimately it was a UPS driver I had flagged down and flyered who spotted her and called me, and once she was cornered she came to me. Please keep us up to date and let me know if I can do anything.

Mary Anne
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed May 16, 2007 8:44 am

Sorry to hear about your dog, Tanya. We cruise through there all the time on our on days at work, we'll keep an eye out. Drop a flyer at Engine 18 at 4th & Montana as well so those guys can lend a hand. Just ask for the on duty Captain or email me a flyer and I'll get it over to them.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Great ideas

by TanyaD » Wed May 16, 2007 9:42 am

Great ideas, Mary Anne--I will definitely do that. And Ed, I'll be making more flyers this evening, so I should be able to get one to your station tomorrow. Thanks, again, everybody, for all your assistance and suggestions.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed May 16, 2007 10:25 am

Not a problem, Tanya. E-18 is not my station but ask for the house Captain tomorrow or Capt. Wilson day after tomorrow.
Next