Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Plants need planters

User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Plants need planters

by Ed Vermillion » Fri May 11, 2007 10:13 am

For the past two years (that I remember) there has been someone selling large ceramic planters on the lot of an old Amoco station across from Oxmoor Center. Large planters at great prices. Driving over this morning to get my bride some for mom's day they have been replaced by a tent with "ART SALE" on it. No planters :shock: I am in trouble :shock:

Has anyone seen anything like this spring up in their neighborhood? or near your workplace? Any siting at all?

Not square planters, these were LARGE pot type planters of varying colors. Indigo, azure, cobalt, sunset, green apple...........

Happy Mothers Day to all who are moms, have a mom, know a mom. :!:
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Fri May 11, 2007 11:11 am

If you don't find a back of the truck seller, you might try Garden Ridge.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri May 11, 2007 11:56 am

Garden Ridge :!: Thank you, Leann for saving my procrastinating hubby hide. Up, up and away!!!!!!!!!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri May 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Or Old Tyme Pottery in southern Indiana (Northern Louisville.) Next door to Bass Pro.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Fri May 11, 2007 1:37 pm

The Concrete Lady in Jeffersonville just off 65 has some nice ones.
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Fri May 11, 2007 3:30 pm

I guess this thread made me realize I need to pick up some outdoor things too, so I just got back from Garden Ridge. I'm happy to report that although the place is a zoo (some sort of construction stuff around the check out lanes), they have a TON of planters, outdoor cushions, furniture and the like. Garden Ridge is the place if you need outdoor stuff. Happy shopping!
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

planters

by Heather Y » Fri May 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Charlotte's Web in St. Matthews too!
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat May 12, 2007 8:33 am

There's another garden store in St Matthews (name fails me) that sits behind the Walgreens in what once was a private home. He's got beautiful stuff from Italy and other garden bronzeware as well. Neat hard to find stuff.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed May 16, 2007 1:04 am

Leann C wrote:I guess this thread made me realize I need to pick up some outdoor things too, so I just got back from Garden Ridge. I'm happy to report that although the place is a zoo (some sort of construction stuff around the check out lanes), they have a TON of planters, outdoor cushions, furniture and the like. Garden Ridge is the place if you need outdoor stuff. Happy shopping!

I always end up wandering around Garden Ridge around the holiday season when i don't know what to get someone.

I'll either find something practical, something artsy and inspiring, or some kooky joke gift.

Never fails.
I've done it the past 2 years, and rarely leave the store spending more than $50, and knocking 3-5 people off my list.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Thu May 17, 2007 6:34 pm

You should check out Sandman Pottery in Butchertown Market. They have gorgeous planters and stuff at really reasonable prices. The owner, Will Sandman, is a great guy, and you would be supporting a local business!
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb