Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

Old Bacon's Dept. STore Reunion

by Barb T. » Wed May 02, 2007 8:01 am

Hi, On the 1st Sat in Nov we hold a reunion luncheon for anyone who worked for any of the old Bacon's Dept. Stores including the warehouse, etc. We have a lot of fun and enjoy a lunch buffet. We have had problems reaching out to all the former employees but I hoped this might help spread the word. Attendance started strong in 1989 but each year it gets lower. Does anyone know of anyone who worked for the old Bacon's who might be interested? I'd really appreciate reaching more folks.
Thanks. Barb T
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed May 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Barb,

I forwarded your note to two former Bacon's employees that I know. I was told both of them are on the mailing list. One friend replied:

"... I have attended 2 of them and had a great time, amazing amount of family feeling for a business and my 7 year history there."
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Tue May 08, 2007 4:02 am

:D Dear Jay, Thanks so very much. It's true. There is still a lot of family type feelings for the old stores. They were pretty good places to work tho some didn't know it till they were gone! Thanks again! Barb T