Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

Louisville During the Civil War

by Steve Magruder » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:00 pm

My friend Bryan S. Bush (co-founder of Louisville History & Issues) has just added a lot of additional content to his "Louisville During the Civil War" article on his website.

This is really a good article for understanding what went on in Louisville during this very fascinating period.

Normally, I just post these kinds of things on the LouHI board (and a few other spots), but I thought people here might get a kick out of it as well.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

The Ville in the Civil War.

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:41 pm

I read a bit of this and found it to be quite interesting. When I have more time, I'll read the rest. I find that war to be very intriguing. I have always wondered what would have happened had either the South won or the country were split in 2.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 pm

There's definitely a lot that surprised me when I first started learning about this period of history in Louisville.

I have actually heard somebody say that because no battles took place in Louisville, that means nothing happened here. In reality, Louisville was very critical to the Western Theater of the war.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist