Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Midwest living magazine

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Midwest living magazine

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Madison Indiana ranked 4th in the Best Small Town getaways list. It outranked other notable weekend vacation spots including Nashville, ind and Mackinac island, Mich. Eight of the top 100 that made the list incuding madison are in Indiana...Shipshewana, Corodon..Chesterton...New Harmony...Centercille...Seymour and Greencastle....The issue will be hiting the newsstand in a few weeks.... :D :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Midwest living magazine

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:48 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Eight of the top 100 that made the list incuding madison are in Indiana...Shipshewana, Corodon..Chesterton...New Harmony...Centercille...Seymour and Greencastle....

Madison is a great little town ... we love to go up there to wander around in Clifty Falls and enjoy its old-fashioned downtown. From a foodie standpoint, I wish it had some destination places to eat ... with the college nearby and Louisville not that far away, you'd think it would support something better.

I assume you mean "Corydon" ... it's even closer to Louisville than Madison and also historic, although I don't find it as pretty. Seymour comes pretty close to being in the outer ring of metro Louisville, too.

Food trivia: Was not the first El Nopal/Nopalito in Corydon?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:57 pm

as far as Madison the Key West Shrimp House in pretty goog and in Corydon we like to go to Magdalena's right by the square....as far as El Napol did not that place used to be an old drive in place like dog and suds...there is also a good mexican place near Magdalena's on the other corner of the square....cannot think of the name....
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:16 pm

robert szappanos wrote:as far as Madison the Key West Shrimp House in pretty goog.

Not goog enough to justify a special trip for me. As I said, I wish they had more culinary attractions.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:21 pm

Well if you through in some Fudge from the Fudge Factory Downtown it might.... :D
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:02 am

Robert I think the other Mexican restaurant you were trying to think of is called The Real Enchilada and I agree , it's great. I've enjoyed many a good meal at Magdalena's as well.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Thats the place..... :D