Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Yum Brand

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Yum Brand

by robert szappanos » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:19 am

Good news for Yum...Located right here in Louisville.....This was in the CJ.....

A strong performance at Pizza Hut and Taco Bell will boost domestic profit in the second quarter at Louisville-based Yum! Brands, a UBS analyst wrote to clients yesterday.
no avatar
User

Bob Peters

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:41 am

Re: Yum Brand

by Bob Peters » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 am

I am a big fan of Yum Brands. Being from Louisville, it is always nice to see a company do well that came from your own back yard! :D
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:47 am

Especially if you invested in them.... :D
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:40 am

I love YUM brands as well-I have several friends who work for YUM ...how can you not like a man who many years ago had a dream and made it come true? Now that dream is a brand!
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 am

Yup just like Pappa Johns...Tumbleweed and Texas Roadhouse...all started here in Louisville...I thik that some just get plain jelous....Like wow why didnt I think of that..... :) w
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:45 pm

when they start making decent food
i'll support them
until then,
the smell of taco bell continues to make my stomach turn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:22 pm

See what I mean..... :?
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm glad YUM is based in the Ville but of their 5 brands the only 2 I like are KFC and A&W.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:22 pm

same here but an occasional thin crust from Pizza Hut is not bad either...
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:54 pm

it is great they're from louisville

it is sad that the quality of food has deteriorated as their profits rise

i thought PJs had decent pizza until the early 1990s, then it really started to go down and fast

pizza hut had a decent pie until about the same time

and well taco bell and long john silvers have always had terrible food

A&W a long time ago in a land far, far away had good burgers and ice cream, but i haven't eaten there since they began sharing space with long john silver
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:00 pm

The A&W that I go to shares the space with KFC...
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:39 am

Long John Silvers used to be very good when they started.I remember going to the one off Newburg Rd near KET and getting great fish . What was that... 30 years ago? I ate there the other day and it was very disappointing.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

carla griffin wrote:Long John Silvers used to be very good when they started.I remember going to the one off Newburg Rd near KET and getting great fish . What was that... 30 years ago? I ate there the other day and it was very disappointing.

I agree. In the 70's I frequented the LJS by Holiday Manor. You could watch them batter and fry the fish and chicken right behind the counter. Other than the fish and crispies I also really like the peg legs. Those were the days.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:03 am

Doogy R wrote:I agree. In the 70's I frequented the LJS by Holiday Manor. You could watch them batter and fry the fish and chicken right behind the counter. Other than the fish and crispies I also really like the peg legs. Those were the days.

this is my point on the issue of supporting mega corps,
why support a company when you have witnessed the decline of the quality of their products

its great that yum brands are profitable and lots of people are employed by this louisville company, but the food is awful, the service in barely above tolerable, and the cleanliness at these restaurants has always left a lot to be desired

brands that individually (once upon a time) had great reputations for serving quality products are now crammed into one building shoveling out poor quality slop that never fails to make my stomach quiver
how can i support a company that has turned A&W into a side car for KFC and taco hell
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:27 am

Shawn Vest wrote:
Doogy R wrote:I agree. In the 70's I frequented the LJS by Holiday Manor. You could watch them batter and fry the fish and chicken right behind the counter. Other than the fish and crispies I also really like the peg legs. Those were the days.

this is my point on the issue of supporting mega corps,
why support a company when you have witnessed the decline of the quality of their products

its great that yum brands are profitable and lots of people are employed by this louisville company, but the food is awful, the service in barely above tolerable, and the cleanliness at these restaurants has always left a lot to be desired

brands that individually (once upon a time) had great reputations for serving quality products are now crammed into one building shoveling out poor quality slop that never fails to make my stomach quiver
how can i support a company that has turned A&W into a side car for KFC and taco hell

Those were the days. What are you doing to bring them back?
Next