Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Manicures/pedicures

no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Manicures/pedicures

by Sallie P. » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:58 am

Are there any really good establishments in the area....particularly St. Matthews, but will go elsewhere....that do a good job for a reasonable price? Thanks.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Manicures/pedicures

by carla griffin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:41 am

I sometimes go to Queen's Nails next door to Phlens Bakery. If you get the owner you'll always get a great manicure. Unfortunately, getting any of the other employees there can be dicey.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:30 pm

79 nails on Hurstbourne and Westport, right next to Boombozz! See Angel or Rachel, and tell them Heather sent you!
no avatar
User

Alise Oliver

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:20 am

by Alise Oliver » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:51 am

I'd suggest Karen at Rick's Hair Design on B-boro Road, in the small strip mall by Gemeli's.
no avatar
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:06 pm

I go to Joseph's on Dutchmans for my pedicures. They are $45 for a basic one and any one on staff does a good job. I've gone to some of the cheaper places, but they don't do the leg massage or have any champagne like Joseph's. You can check out their website for more price info. I had one on June 12th and it still looks great!
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

by Ellen White » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:45 pm

I don't think you can beat Pretty Nails. It is in the Woodlawn Shopping Center, where Kroger is, on Hubbards Lane at Westport Road. For $25, you get a nice pedicure. You sit in a massage chair, it is clean, the workers do a good job. They give you a nice leg massage as well. I have always had good luck there. I think manicures are also $20-$25. My mom pays out the wazoo for a pedicure, and I can get just as good for $25!