Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Jewelry repair

User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Jewelry repair

by Marsha L. » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:42 am

I find myself in need of some minor jewelry repair on several pieces of inexpensive jewelry (clasp replacement on a silver bracelet, links taken out of a chain, etc.) These are not valuable pieces in any way except sentimental, so while I don't want to spend a fortune, I still want to get them fixed so I can wear them again.

Anybody know where I can get these minor repairs done for a reasonable price?
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:21 pm

Absolutely! Go immediately to AfterGlow. It's on Shelbyville Road at Breckinridge. In the spirit of true Louisville direction-giving, it's where the Voice newspaper used to be. Seriously, roughly across the street from Cafe Emilee, across from where the Eclipse Bank is being built. Yaknow, across from where the White Castle used to be! I couldn't stop myself.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Jewelry repair

by Heather Y » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:54 pm

AAggh. do not go to Afterglow... I can do it for you .... cheap!

Definite area of expertise... email me and we can set up a time to take care
of it for you!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:40 am

I lurve AfterGlow!!!!
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

afterglow

by Heather Y » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:44 am

I like afterglow too, however, they are expensive.

Just tryin' to help a girl out !
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:47 am

Oh wow. We go there a lot because we think it so very inexpensive. DH just bought me some green and brown pearls from AfterGlow. It was a fraction of what my pink pearls costs from a jewelry store. OK, different strokes, I guess.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:18 am

Just to throw in another option, if you're downtown you might try George Krekel -- we've had some small things done there (watch batteries and the like) and always felt it was reasonable. Plus, Mr. Krekel is just the friendliest, nicest guy. :)

237 S 5th St
Louisville, KY 40202
502-584-2230
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:34 am

Laura SS wrote:Just to throw in another option, if you're downtown you might try George Krekel -- we've had some small things done there (watch batteries and the like) and always felt it was reasonable. Plus, Mr. Krekel is just the friendliest, nicest guy. :)

237 S 5th St
Louisville, KY 40202
502-584-2230

I didn't know they did jewelry repair, but he's great with watches and, as you said, the most pleasant gentleman.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:54 am

Robin Garr wrote:I didn't know they did jewelry repair, but he's great with watches and, as you said, the most pleasant gentleman.

Hmmm, you might be right. I do know that he has tightened the clasp on my watch, replaced a crystal and watchband, polished and refreshed rings, and even created my wedding ring to match my engagement ring, then fused them together as a single piece. Beyond that I'm only guessing, but if he can do those things, I'm betting clasp replacement and removing links aren't out of the question. Still, a call first to make sure might be in order.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:02 am

Thank you everybody for your suggestions! I'll report back when I get the stuff worked on.

I love the new forum!