Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

"OLD FASHION OIL CHANGE" ??

no avatar
User

Jim Greenbrier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Norton Commons (Prospect,Kentucky)

"OLD FASHION OIL CHANGE" ??

by Jim Greenbrier » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:01 pm

The question is, "where do you find a place" ??
In North Carolina, I paid about $22.00 for quality oil, lube,filter plus labor....

I live in Northeast Louisville(Springhurst,Prospect,etc area). I ve been 'stung' too many times by the fast-change artists, coupons,etc.... I end up almost twice the above amount !!

Are there any "Old Fashioned Places" around??....

Thanks,

JJG III
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Re: "OLD FASHION OIL CHANGE" ??

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Thats why I do my own...it really is not very hard to do and you save money and it is done right....
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:35 pm

I have been going to Michel Tire in J-town for years. I regularly receive coupons from them, including one for a $19.99 oil change. Included in that price is a new oil filter, 5 quarts of Kendall synthetic blend motor oil and a lube job if applicable. Without the coupon, that oil change is $26.99.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Jim Greenbrier wrote:Are there any "Old Fashioned Places" around??....

Jim, when I had an older Toyota Corolla in the LouisvilleHotBytes fleet ;) , out of warranty and thus no real reason to hold me to the dealer, I used to take it to Tony at Crescent Hill Imports (or maybe it's St. Matthews Imports?) ... anyway, the little shop right between Crescent Hill and St. Matthews on the west side of Cannons Lane just south of Frankfort Avenue. Tony is an intelligent, well spoken gentleman who struck me as the kind of guy who works on cars because he loves them. I always found him more than fair with prices to match, and we ran that 1989 Toyota through 160,000 miles and way more than a decade of service, finally getting rid of it only because it started looking shabby, but I swear it never so much as coughed.
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:15 am

Tony is the best. I send everyone I know to him and I would never take my cars anywhere else.