Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

Slugger Field goes to the dogs

by NicoleP » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:32 pm

I volunteer with the Humane Society and thought dog loving forumites (or people who want to help a great cause) would like to know about this event:

The Louisville Bats will host the 3rd annual DOG DAY IN THE PARK on Wednesday April 11th, to help raise money for needy animals at the Kentucky Humane Society. The best part -- you can bring your dog for a fun-filled evening at the ballpark!

Space is limited, so order your tickets TODAY! Tickets are $2 per dog and $6 per person. Call the Louisville Bats at (502) 212-BATS to order your tickets by phone. Deadline to order is April 6th, go to http://www.kyhumane.org for more details...
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:00 am

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. My husband used to volunteer. We adopted a precious dog thru his work there. The dog's name is now Eddie and he joined our other doggie, Josie. We adopted her when her owner was planning to send her to KHS. I am unable to go to Bat's games, tho, since shaded seats are not available and I cannot stand the sun due to some of my meds. This does sound like a lot of fun, tho. I know there will be a great crowd! Barb T
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:12 am

Barb T. wrote:I am unable to go to Bat's games, tho, since shaded seats are not available and I cannot stand the sun due to some of my meds.

Barb, what about the main concourse seats that are under the shade of the club level? I expect they're probably for season ticket holders, but if it's a medical issue with you, I'd think the management should be nice about making a pair available to you guys ... might even be legally obliged to. Have you asked about this?
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

South End

by Barb T. » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:43 am

Yes, I did ask the young man who used to sell me our packages. He stated most of the seats are under shade. He also stated there was not a bad seat in the house but that's not true either. We got some seats, (4) and they were in the sun and on the 3rd base side but far out almost near the berm. Looking to our right, since we were close to the field, it was too level to see much. However, the Kizzito cookies were great!
Still, this was the first and second seasons, and maybe something has changed since then. Thanks, Robin. Barb T :D
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

South End

by Barb T. » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:45 am

Sorry, I forgot to say that I did not approach the legal issues since I did not imagine there was any legal requirement involved. Hm, might be.
BarbT