Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

SNOWED IN!!!

no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

SNOWED IN!!!

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:04 am

Lucky me, I have my milk , bread, ground beef, bana....uh oh, no bananas. !!!!!!WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!!! :lol: Actually, just waiting for son to get up to shovel the walk, he has to go to work at 3:00PM. He worked at Kroger on Goss the last few days and said it looked like people were stocking up for Armageddon. I am not too bad off, have lots of supplies laid in, I have 4WD, I know how to drive in the snow (from the Northeast, 30 years of EMS) and except for son, do not really have to go anywhere. We did not get a paper yet this morning, at least I could not find it poking through the snow in all the usual places. Hubby went off to work at Fresh Market, this AM, and also reported a run on necessary supplies. Hope all of you are warm, dry and have all the necessities of life! From a public safety angle, try to stay home if you do not have to go out, besides you may get run over by one of the hoard of TV trucks out there reporting every flake!! :wink: Do remember to try to clear the path to your mailbox for your carrier, life is hard enough on them without this.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: SNOWED IN!!!

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:26 am

Suzi Bernert wrote: From a public safety angle, try to stay home if you do not have to go out, besides you may get run over by one of the hoard of TV trucks out there reporting every flake!! :wink: Do remember to try to clear the path to your mailbox for your carrier, life is hard enough on them without this.

Got off work this morning at 08, Suzi. While I was digging out the cruiser, a WLKY cameraman strolled up and asked if he could take some film of me digging out. God bless 'em they think that is news. Only took me 90 minutes to get home. Stay warm.