Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

A pile of rocks

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

A pile of rocks

by Jenny H » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Does anyone know of a place to get a load of stones delivered? We need some for a parking spot at our house that has turned into a mud pit with the recent rain. I know I can get it cheap at Nugent Sand Co but they said their delivery cost would be way more than I wanted. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: A pile of rocks

by Beth K. » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:25 pm

As an alternative to delivery, I know that you can rent trucks from Home Depot. I have no idea how much they run, but if delivery is that expensive, it may be worth it to haul the load yourself. Good luck!
no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

by Jenny H » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I have thought of renting a truck like you mentioned but I was worried that since the sides on those trucks aren't very high and the sides aren't completely solid, that rocks would be flying out of the truck and breaking everyone's windows.
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:08 pm

We go thru alot of stone at our operation. I have found the best people/price has been with Harrod stone. You see their blue trucks all over the place. Good helpful drivers that can get the trucks into some tricky spots.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.