Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Louisville's Skyline

no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Louisville's Skyline

by Doogy R » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:C'mon Robin, I KNOW you can do better than that. Or do you not want to show favoritism toward any one dining establishment? That is understandable, of course.

More a matter of doing a bunch of design work without really having time to go out and shoot our own local pie. Taken under advisement, though ... we might play around with just that thing later on. Or even swap in a different pizza from time to time. :)

Now that's a great idea. Glad I could initiate the germination of the thought. I say, spread the wealth. There are so many variations of pie in this city. Some are really pizza, then others sort of stretch the boundary. As long as they taste good to me, I am not to averse to that fact that they may not be a real pizza or not. That said, Primo's pies are still my faves in the city. I like many other styles as well, so no problemo.

By the way Robin, can you hide someone elses building. I think the Humana building looks great on the Ville's skyline. :lol:

Okay, I wanted to attach a full view of the Ville in 2010 and this weak software will only let me attach 1/2 at a time, so here goes.

ville at nite02.jpg
the ville 2010 003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Louisville's Skyline

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks for the great pics. Doogy. I was really enjoying them until you added the one with the giant automobile dealership all lit up in the left hand side. :o
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Doogy R wrote:Okay, I wanted to attach a full view of the Ville in 2010

What's the building to the left of Museum Plaza in the second photo?

Also, do you have a picture showing the downtown skyline farther East (North), to the left of the new arena if you will.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Thanks for the great pics. Doogy. I was really enjoying them until you added the one with the giant automobile dealership all lit up in the left hand side. :o

Uhm, I hope you're kidding. It's the new basketball arena. It is only an artists conception at this point, so please give it a break. I happen to like the open view into the arena as one crosses the George Rogers Clark Bridge. So, there...
:roll:
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:09 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Okay, I wanted to attach a full view of the Ville in 2010

What's the building to the left of Museum Plaza in the second photo?

Also, do you have a picture showing the downtown skyline farther East (North), to the left of the new arena if you will.

The building you inquired about is the new building Humana had put bids on in 2007. They need 300,000 new sq ft by 2010 at their present rate of expansion. I really hope this building gets built. It will be near the courthouse and fill in the gap between the Humana Tower and Museum Plaze quite nicely.

Here is the answer to your request, though it may not be far enough NE for you. I won't steal these pix, but take a look at this link.

http://www.urban-photos.com/albums/69/L ... e_Kentucky

Robin, can you move this part of the thread to the all about Louisville forum?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks Doggie! It didn't quite show when I was looking for, but it's a neat site anyway. Has a site for the Humana building been announced or is this just a guess for location? By the way, here's a neat website SkyScraperCity which has information about many major buildings being built worldwide (planned and under construction) it has information about several of the Louisville projects.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Doogy R wrote:Robin, can you move this part of the thread to the all about Louisville forum?

Done!
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Robin, can you move this part of the thread to the all about Louisville forum?

Done!

thank you.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Mark R. wrote:Thanks Doggie! It didn't quite show when I was looking for, but it's a neat site anyway. Has a site for the Humana building been announced or is this just a guess for location? By the way, here's a neat website SkyScraperCity which has information about many major buildings being built worldwide (planned and under construction) it has information about several of the Louisville projects.

That website is where I got the pix of what the Ville's skyline will look like in 2010. I read more development news there than we get by any of the local media. Kinda sad, isn't it?