Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Dentists

no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Dentists

by Sallie P. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Just moved to Lville. Any suggestions for good dentists with good rates? Live in the St. Matthews area. Thanks.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Dentists

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:06 pm

sallie p. wrote:Just moved to Lville. Any suggestions for good dentists with good rates? Live in the St. Matthews area. Thanks.

Sallie, welcome to Louisville! Our dentist is very good, but, alas, not what I'd call cheap. He's also in the outer Highlands, not terribly far from St. Matthews but a few miles. In case you're interested anyway, I'll start:

Dr. Dennis R. Price
2811 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY 40205
(502) 458-1114
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Dental Works on Bardstown Rd. at Speed Avenue. Drs. Ryan and Veal and fantastic and their staff is very caring. We have been extemely happy with our care. If you see othodontia in your future, they have an othodontist that comes weekly to thier office. My son liked being in a familiar place for his braces. They have been very good about taking payments for big procedures in the past, but thank God for dental insurance when hubby needed plates, son needed braces and I had a bridge done!!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

by Pam G » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Dr. Sabo is located in St. Matthews. His office is at Shelbyville Rd at the intersection of Thierman Lane. (Across the street from the Old Sears Building) My family has been going to him for years. I don't know about his rates.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Welcome, Sallie. The University of Louisville has an excellent dental school here that is worth looking into. You have students doing the work supervised by attendings. They have done excellent work for me at a much more reasonable rate. Good luck and again, welcome.

General Information U of L School of Dentistry
852-5081
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 pm

I believe this needs to start with whether you have insurance or not. So do you? If so, your employer can guide to a dentist. If not, this board can offer only limited help.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 pm

My dentist is fantastic. I go to Jeffrey Echelberger on Hikes Lane. I'm a real wuss when it comes to dentistry, and he's great!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Dr. Jeffrey's Klein and Turner on Thierman Lane( just off shelbyville road.) in St. Matthews. (around the corner from Havana Rumba)