Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Nortons Commons

no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:19 am

I think NC is a great, very interesting concept, it's just not for me. Three golden retrievers + no yard=mess. I'm looking to move further out on an acres or two. NC is a beautiful neighborhood, though!
no avatar
User

Gina-Schmitz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 am

Louisville

by Gina-Schmitz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 pm

::First post here - don't throw rotten tomatoes::

I love the new urban development concept and think it works - as it has at least for other neighborhoods in the nation. We would LOVE to buy into NC.

What my husband and I do not understand about NC is the price tag. How can you ask 533K for a house that does not have granite in the master bath or has so much dead space? We both agreed that the houses were about 100k overpriced. TMO.

With the construction of new developments, aren't the homes usually priced less in the beginning of development with price increases as development progresses? If so, who is going to be able to afford housing in NC in five years?
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:14 am

I agree NC is waaaaaay overpriced. Any house that costs 500k+ ought to have amenities that match other houses in that price range. Plus, these houses have NO yards. For some, maybe that's a plus, but for me, it's not. I like being able to run around with my dogs in my backyard, and sit on my back patio without being able to see into my neighbors' houses. Plus, I can throw loud parties without disturbing my neighbors. ;) Granted, it would be nice to be able to walk to go get a nice dinner, or some delicious gelato, but I'm not paying 500k for that privilege.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:51 pm

I am constantly amazed at the prices of homes in Louisville. I keep wondering what all these people do for a living who can buy the hundreds of new $500K-plus houses that keep getting built.
User

Jim Greenbrier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Norton Commons (Prospect,Kentucky)

Norton Commons...The Initial Thread Question

by Jim Greenbrier » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Init Question was: Will it work?

Answer: It "has" all along been working

The Archdiocese, placing St Mary s Academy there ( and possibly a Church ) seems to make it "work" even more.

JJG Jr
Previous