Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Cheap Louisville Motel for VDAY Weekend

no avatar
User

Josh Turpin

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:21 am

Cheap Louisville Motel for VDAY Weekend

by Josh Turpin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:21 am

Hey everyone. My fiancé and I are looking to stay in Louisville for Valentines Day weekend, from the 15th-17th. We have been looking at various hotel reservation websites and alot of the motels in Louisville are expensive. We are looking to spend less than $65 a night if possible. The cheapest I found was $40 a night and it was one of the Suburban Extended Stay hotels and I heard that it was horrible! Any recommendations?
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 am

A friend who is obsessive about motel cleanliness had a pleasent stay at the Ramada on Zorn last year- I believe with a AAA discount it was $55 or $60 a nite. That being said, some of the furniture looked like it had been too close to a wood chipper. The front desk said they were renovating, which should be done by now. It is no frills but close to downtown and Crescent Hill.
Knowing him I'm sure he called them personally and bargained for the best deal.
no avatar
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:32 pm

You might want to consider the Breckenridge Inn as well... they were doing some renovations a couple weeks ago when my friend was in town, but it's a decent no-frills place. And I think it was around $50.
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com