Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

St. Baldrick's Foundation Fundraiser

no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

St. Baldrick's Foundation Fundraiser

by Scott Hack » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:52 pm

HEROES SOUGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN HEAD-SHAVING EVENTS NATIONWIDE TO RAISE FUNDS FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER RESEARCH

What would you look like bald? Like a hero to kids with cancer, says the St. Baldrick’s Foundation.

Crestwood, Kentucky January, 2008 – The St. Baldrick’s Foundation has issued a lofty challenge to everyone who wants to help raise money for childhood cancer research: Be a hero for kids with cancer by shaving your head in return for pledges of financial support from friends and family..
Participants find that shaving their head in solidarity with the 160,000 children who are diagnosed with cancer each year is a small sacrifice in comparison to what these children endure, and want to raise money to help find a cure for children with cancer now and in the future.
An event will be held locally at Fast Break Pizza on Saturday March 15th. The head-shavings will commence at 1PM. Registration will open at 12:15. Registration will take place at Fast Break Pizza, with the actual shaving taking place at Nails 4 You. Participants may register by visiting http://baldricks.fastbreakpizza.com or by emailing scott@fastbreakpizza.com to request more information.

About the St. Baldrick's Foundation

The mission of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation is to raise awareness and funds to cure kids’ cancer by supporting cancer research and fellowships. St. Baldrick’s began as a challenge among friends and has grown into the world’s largest fundraising event for childhood cancer.

Since its inception in 2000, St. Baldrick’s has raised more than $34 million for the cause, shaved over 46,000 heads in 18 countries and 46 US states! Worldwide, 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year and despite tremendous progress, cancer remains the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. and Canada.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Re: St. Baldrick's Foundation Fundraiser

by Scott Hack » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 am

This is getting close, so I wanted to remind everyone and encourage anyone that is able to make a donation on my page so I can reach my goal :)

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ParticipantKey=2008-22589
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 am

Hey Scott will there be someone there from Locks of Love in case anyone wants to donate long hair for wigs or hairpieces PRIOR to getting their head shaved?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Carla,

The St Baldricks website had some info about LofL, but my hair isn't long enough. I might have 4 or 5 inches. I haven't cut it in 3 months and it is honestly driving me crazy!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225