Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

ATT

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

ATT

by Carla G » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:08 am

Is anybody having problems with ATT service? I'm out near Ballardsville and am having a hard time getting texts to go through to DT Louisville.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: ATT

by Carla G » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:16 am

Ok, just went to Downdetecor.com and saw where there are several large cities where ATT is down
, Louisville being one of them.
Sigh
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 am

Carla, are you talking landline or mobile? We've cut our landlines, amid great whining from ATT, but we're getting normal data and voice service on our iPhones via ATT over here in the People's Republic.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:20 am

I can get mobile voice but no texts and no data. All texts are returned as being invalid numbers. And I am not putting them in manually but using pre-programmed numbers that I've been using without problems for over a year. I checked several web sites and it seems to be a problem down in Florida, in Washington state , in Kansas and then I got tired (and depressed) reading the message boards. I may need to look into Verizon (again). Their coverage out here seems to be better than ATTs. My texts going out to 513 area codes are doing fine however.
Go figure.
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:24 pm

There has been a very large line down on the north side of KY 22 between Standard Club and the entrance to Brownsboro Farms, near Goose Creek Road. AT&T and TWC had multiple trucks and trafffic detoured while they worked on it Sunday - yesterday. It could be that issue. My relatives and friends on the north side of 22 had no service.