Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

StyleBlueprint guide to farmers' markets

by TP Lowe » Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 am

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: StyleBlueprint guide to farmers' markets

by Robin Garr » Tue May 10, 2016 8:35 am

Handy list! I didn't know Norton Commons had a farmers' market. Do they sell plastic fruit? :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Tue May 10, 2016 2:00 pm

I think the NC Farmers market info is wayyyyy out of date unless there has been a new development. Two or three years ago the NC folks ran off the farmers market when a market called Scott's or Scotty's opened out there, as it was "competition." Eye roll. Scotty's is no longer. The majority of the farmers and vendors are now at the Westport Rd. Baptist Church market on Saturday mornings.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah, the so-called "St Matthews farmers market" on weekday afternoons is actually a truck that parks (with permission) behind St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, and could probably have been distinguised from the big one at Beargrass Christian.

I didn't want to crap all over style blueprint after TP's kindness in posting. Even a flawed list is useful. But I've seen some other very careless stuff come from that source. Is it a print publication with an online presence, or a Web-only publication?
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue May 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Sorry for the faulty post! It's a web-only publication that I think is national but customized for the local market. Not sure who the local publisher would be. I get it on email because they do a Monday profile and occasionally I know who the person is and want to congratulate them.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 10, 2016 7:19 pm

TP Lowe wrote:Sorry for the faulty post! It's a web-only publication that I think is national but customized for the local market. Not sure who the local publisher would be. I get it on email because they do a Monday profile and occasionally I know who the person is and want to congratulate them.

No need for apologies. We're picking at minutiae, but the overall idea of a comprehensive list is good.