Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Anyone know of a good Mac house-call doc?

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 am

Our Canon laser printer is being very recalcitrant. It's on, it's connected to wifi, but it has stopped communicating with our iMac desktop, MacBook Air, iPad through our AirPort Extreme router. :P

This seems like a house-call situation, but our once excellent Mac doctor doesn't do printers. Who you gonna call? Do any of you know of a Mac geek or shop that makes house calls who'd be great at a job like this?
User

Allen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Valley Station, Kentucky

Re: Anyone know of a good Mac house-call doc?

by Allen P » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:27 am

Robin...

If you ever need someone who is apple certified don't hesitate to call me.

You can pay me in grana padano or just a good taste of that food you are always posting. I've learned so much from you through the years and I would love to once repay you someway.

Sounds like the printer may have it's ip address rolling through your router. Best solution is to assign it a static IP address... then it is easier found by your equipment. I'm sure you've checked the basic things like downloading fresh drivers from canon and reloading them. I've had my laser go a lot slower, but not stop, since updating to Yosemite.

Allen