Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

My opinion...judge Dee McDonal.

by Linda C » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:16 pm

This is not a post to flame, but to remind you.
I just started a petition on change.org about Dee McDonald. Why is NOBODY in the media reminding voters of her very visible faux pas in a case that went viral nationally? She was even endorsed in May by the C-J!

June 26,2011 two Louisville's Trinity High school students appeared before District Judge Dee. McDonald. Both pled guilty to assaulting a 17 year old girl, Savannah Dietrich. They stripped her while she was unconscious ,then sexually assaulted her, took photos and soon pictures were seen by many and circulated on social media.
The boys were charged with first-degree sexual abuse and misdemeanor voyeurism. Paul Richwalsky , a Trinity Alumnus and booster, was the prosecutor in the case. Judge McDonald made a plea bargain which involved a treatment program and community service. Upon completion, their records would be clean. The Judge then made the clearly unconstitutional gag order for everyone to not discuss the case.

Dietrich says she was unaware of a plea agreement until just before it was announced in court. Ms. Dietrich and others were furious and wanted to protect other women, so she named her attackers.The community became aware of the weak sentence and became vocal.The boys' attorneys then threatened a contempt charge which included a $500 fine and prison time. Hundreds of thousands signed petitions to drop the charges and fire Richwalsky and McDonald.

In November, Judge McDonald is running for Family Court Judge against attorney Mark Hyatt Gaston. Gaston has a good reputation, is a good family man and community leader. Please vote for him and never put this woman on the bench again! Family Court? Are you kidding?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: My opinion...judge Dee McDonal.

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:38 pm

That sounds like a pretty accurate summation of the case as I recall from reading about it in the news, Linda. I can't speak for anyone else, but remembering that probably will influence my vote. Thanks for the reminder!
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: My opinion...judge Dee McDonal.

by Steve Shade » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 pm

I agree with you Linda.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers