Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Internal medicine MD

no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Internal medicine MD

by Sallie P. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:11 pm

I seem to be on a roll. I think the list of good Internal Medicine Family Physicians is fairly old also. Our Physician is retiring and we would like one we don't have to replace again since we are 60. Would prefer someone 50 or younger with a great bedside manner. Ours was great..hate to see him go. We live in the St. Matthews area and use Baptist Health but would be willing to look at others if really good. Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Internal medicine MD

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm eager to see the responses to this one, too. My family physician is a truly great one - supposedly the guy that the other doctors go to for their own health - but he's cut back to three days a week and I'm sure is contemplating retirement one of these days.

Unfortunately, as part of this process they seem to have changed office management companies, and we're not too happy with the new one, which makes me a little skittish about going to a younger doc in his practice. :P

I'd kind of like to stay with Baptist Health, too. When I worked there as a chaplain last summer I was afraid of what I might see from an inside view ... but as it turned out, I was very impressed with their commitment to patient care and the kindness that seems baked into the hospital's DNA.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:23 pm

My doctor is part of Med East Physicians - on Kresge Way right across from the hospital. I see Dr. Mary Lewis specifically but I also like Dr. Barrett at that practice. They have really nice NP's as well and I love the fact that they have walk-in clinic hours each day when you are feeling badly and just need to see SOMEONE quickly.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:56 am

I can vouch for the folks at Med East also- I used them for the years I've lived here and never been disappointed.
Alas, due to insurance change at the beginning of the year I've had to change to Norton and it's taken me till now to get an appointment.
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

by Jimmy R » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:14 pm

I've been frantically searching for a new internist, but all I'm getting is "we're not taking any new patients." The few who might change policy, in the distant future, are based in the far east end, as are the hospitals they use.

I live in Germantown and frequently depend on public transportation, so it's unlikely I'll be schlepping to the far distant east end for basic medical care.

Any suggestions out there? I'm getting desperate. Thanks!
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 am

Community Medical Associates at the Audobon North building has just taken in a new doctor, so they may be taking new patients. We have been patients there for a while.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 am

We're delighted with both our doctors, but they're baby boomers and nearing retirement, and not accepting patients. However, they're associated with Baptist Medical Associates, which seems to have a high ethical standard, and they're associated with Baptist Health Services, which after working there last year (as noted above) is a major plus for me.

You can search for doctors near you in their system at this link:
http://www.baptistmedicalassociates.com/

One caution, it sometimes reports incorrectly that a doctor is taking patients, but this is at least a good place to start your search.
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

by Jimmy R » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 am

Thank you, Suzi and Robin. These are both great suggestions. I'll check em both out today!