Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:30 am

Ray W. wrote: and also resurrected Chris Redman's NFL career...

I hope that's exactly right, but I think it remains to be seen. Hopefully Chris will keep getting starts.

Conspiracy theory: Petrino gave Chris the nationally televised start because he knew he was leaving and wanted to jumpstart Chris's career. Possible that Petrino wanted to really do something generous? Possible he did something that didn't indicate he was thinking only of himself?
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:48 pm

He told the team with a generic letter addressed to "Atlanta Falcons Players" and signed with a stamp. What a guy.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:He told the team with a generic letter addressed to "Atlanta Falcons Players" and signed with a stamp. What a guy.

And wouldn't even meet with the players because "Tuesday is their day off."
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 pm

Now that's a class act, NOT! :roll:
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Ray W. wrote:Let's not forget that this man took the Louisville Cardinals' football team to unprecedented heights and also resurrected Chris Redman's NFL career...

And, as we know, excellence in sports overrides all character flaws.

That would explain why folks still wear their Michael Vick jerseys at the Georgia Dome...One guy was brazen enough to sport a "Free Michael Vick" T-Shirt...

Anybody catch Skip Bayless of ESPN's First Take when he described Bobby Petrino as an arrogant...classless...gutless...disloyal...SNAKE!...

And this is the type of person that the University of Arkansas chose to lead and mold young men...What Da ?!?!
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Just like I wished Atlanta would have a winless season when he went there, I hope Arkansas gets everything they deserve with such a class act at the helm!
Previous