Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

any house or travelling pet sitters?

by C. Devlin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Does anybody know where I might find a house sitter? I've got dogs, horses and cats, so they come with the sitting.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:09 pm

If you want just a pet sitter I can recommend someone. There was a long article in the CJ several months ago about pet sitting and I've been using one from that article who has been great.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Well I'm not sure at this point. Ideally, we'd like someone to both house and pet sit. We've got horses who need feeding, 5 cats who are pretty much outdoor cats but who stay in the basement when we're out of town, and dogs. We're trying to figure out ways of handling them all in a way that wouldn't be too overwhelming for a sitter, and that may include taking at least one or two of the dogs to a sitter and having somebody else stay at the house for the rest. Before we moved here we had family and good friends in similar situations exchange sitting and pet care with us, but we've not been able to find the same sort of situation here. A couple of friends are happy to drive all the way out to take care of the horses for us twice a day and feed the cats, but we need to board the dogs then, and because one is very elderly and sort of fragile right now, we don't want to do that anymore.

So in other words, um, yes, thank you. I can use any and all recommendations.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:39 pm

check with you local feeders supply...they may know....