Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

Looking for a (non-restaurant) temporary job

by Erin Riedel » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:37 pm

I quit my full-time job in August so that I could teach a course at U of L and finish my master's coursework, and now I'm finding that the semester is ending and there's probably going to be about a month or so before I can start my next planned position. I reeeeally don't want to jump into the temporary holiday retail fray, so I'm looking for something else - just about anything else. I'm computer literate, a quick typist, and good at general office sorts of things. I have experience as a writer and editor and some very basic bookkeeping skills. My master's degree is in Women's & Gender Studies (which probably isn't much of a selling point for this sort of thing, but I thought you might be curious).

So... if any of you fine people have a backlog of some sort that you'd like a few weeks of help with, send me a PM. :)
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:39 pm

Also, Robin, I hope you don't mind my posting this here. Delete it if you do. I just think it would be awesome to find something with a forumite rather than having to go through a temp agency. :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 pm

Erin Riedel wrote:Also, Robin, I hope you don't mind my posting this here. Delete it if you do. I just think it would be awesome to find something with a forumite rather than having to go through a temp agency. :)

Don't mind at all, Erin! That's part of what this forum section is for! Good luck in your quest!