Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Some help for my sister

no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Some help for my sister

by Kris Billiter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:14 pm

On Sunday, my kid sister, a 21 year old, fell at a camp she was working at, injuring her head, neck, and spine. Thankfully all she has is a bruise on her spinal chord. If it had been anything more than that she would likely be paralyzed for life. As it is, she has 4-5 weeks of inpatient rehab at Frazier and then 6-12 months of aggressive outpatient rehab as she relearns to walk, eat, etc..
Anyway, one of the things she has asked my mom is if she might be able to do her nails for her. My sister is anything but vain, but I think this would just make her feel a little more normal. I was thinking that there might be a nail tech somewhere who is willing to travel. It's probably overkill, but I thought it might be a nice treat for her to get pampered in the midst of all of this craziness. Frankly, I'm probably feeling a little helpless and just want to do something.
My wife never gets her nails done, so I am clueless as to where to even start to look to find someone. Anyone have any ideas, or know someone who does this. I am more than willing to pay someone for their trouble. I know its a long shot, but thought it was worth asking. Thanks everyone!
Kris
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

Re: Some help for my sister

by Lisa Stephenson » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:14 am

Sorry to hear about your sister Kris!
Perhaps you could check with Frazier?
I checked their general website along with Jewish Hospital's, but found nothing about in-house Salon or services. (I thought hospitals used to provide such services.) Perhaps you could call around to some of the salon's located around Frazier? Not sure which location she is in.
Best wishes to your sister!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 am

Baptist East has a beauty salon. It's probably intended for in-patients, but it's right around the corner from my (summer) office, and I'll be happy to ask about it on Monday. :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:40 am

Robin Garr wrote:Baptist East has a beauty salon. It's probably intended for in-patients, but it's right around the corner from my (summer) office, and I'll be happy to ask about it on Monday. :)

Ask if they know anything about resources at or around Frazier, I mean. I know they're not in the same system, but maybe there is professional courtesy among hospital salons? 8)
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks Robin and Lisa. We came up with a solution that worked well. Thank you for your kind words and willing ness to jump in and help!
Kris