Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

My brother and his dog

no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

My brother and his dog

by Barb T. » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:19 am

:cry: I am so sad right now but I thought I'd try the forum for my current problem. My beloved only brother died at the age of 53 on Oct. 31 and he left his also beloved Rottweiler, Shelby. He asked us to promise to make sure Shelby is well taken care of and naturally we promised. She has been living at my sister's home in So. Indiana in a large crate and is taken good care of otherwise. However, we had hoped her husband would agree to keep Shelby but he has not and now wants us to start looking for a new home. Shelby is between 8 and 9 years old and is somewhat arthritic.
She is a really sweet doggie and loves women. She only likes men that she gets to know and trust. She is not good around children but has never been "bad" around them, just gets nervous. The ideal new owner would be an older woman who lives alone and would like a loving doggie who would make the owner feel somewhat protected. She has to have a fenced-in yard. She could make a very good pet also with a man present.
She took to my brother in law right away and loves his petting. She would not take well to rough-housing or teasing her but then neither would I! I am so broken up over losing Danny and now not knowing what to do with his dog. I'd take her but we have two now. My sis and her hubby have 12 cats, some inside and some outside. If anyone knows anyone who might be interested, we'd want to know them and make sure Shelby has a good home because Danny loved her so much. Oh dear, now I'm crying again. Any possibilities? Thanks so very much.
Barb Temple
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi Barb,

Have you contacted INKY Rottweiler Rescue? They won't take her, but they might be able to help you advertise and find a home for her.

Good luck. I hope she finds a loving forever home soon.
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

South End

by Barb T. » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:59 am

Dear Erin, Thank you so much for your kind condolences. The Holidays are tough this year. It's hard to get much done when I keep finding memories to cry about. He was a very good brother. Barb T
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

South End

by Barb T. » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:02 am

Oops, Erin, I meant to thank you for the kind suggestion and I did click on the link. I don't know if they could place her due to her age but I will try.
Shelby is a sweet doggie and her grieving has eased up. She misses Danny so much. She was his main companion for the past 8 years or so.
Thanks again. Barb T