Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Seeking reccos for a lawn service for final fall cleanup

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:14 pm

We're looking for a reputable but not too expensive lawn service to do a final fall clean-up on our urban yard in the Crescent Hill area. Our regular lawn service has closed for the season. This would be a one-time job, needed ASAP, to cut grass a final time, and blow out remaining leaves - many of them in rock gardens - and do a general final fall clean up. I'd appreciate your experience-based recommendations of good, reliable services that we can afford and get over here reasonably soon.
User

Sara R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

Re: Seeking reccos for a lawn service for final fall cleanup

by Sara R » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 am

We have been extremely happy with Tom, the owner of Perfect Earth Landscaping. He and his team did our "fall cleanup" several weeks back and we use them multiple times a year for trimmings and such. He is able to work within our budget and is always able to accommodate our schedule. We have several large round bushes in the front of our house that are rather tricky to prune. They have been butchered by other lawn companies but Tom is able to work his magic and get them into such perfectly smooth, round shapes that they almost don't look real. His number is 502-664-3605.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks, Sara! Sounds like exactly what we're looking for!
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:08 am

Living Green is owned by a good friend of mine. Very trustworthy, and reasonable. Had to put in a plug for them. Highlands based. http://www.facebook.com/livingglandscaping?fref=ts
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

by JenS » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Sara and Robin,

Could you give me an idea of about what you pay for a fall cleanup? I realize it varies based on yard size, but are we talking a few hundred dollars or a lot more than that.

Thanks!
Jennifer
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

JenS wrote:Sara and Robin,

Could you give me an idea of about what you pay for a fall cleanup? I realize it varies based on yard size, but are we talking a few hundred dollars or a lot more than that.

Jen, for our 1/5-acre Crescent Hill corner lot with plenty of gardens and just a little lawn, we definitely weren't interested in going over $100 to have the grass trimmed and the leaves blown out and discarded.