Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

SallyH

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Pinball machine - buy or rent

by SallyH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

We have recently rediscovered our love of pinball on the great selection of machines at Zanzabar (not to mention those incredible garlic tater tots!) I am toying with the idea of renting or buying a machine for Christmas but have no idea what I am doing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Pinball machine - buy or rent

by RonnieD » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 am

Check out Arcade Odyssey on Bardstown Rd. across from the Taco Bell near Grinstead.

The gentleman who owns the shop has a wide variety of machines and a deep knowledge of them. Not sure about renting, but I know buying machines can be pricey. Pinball machines are finicky and have lots of moving parts. That said they are a tremendous amount of fun to own. Also consider the amount of space they take up.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 pm

I can really agree on the taking up space issue.My son started collecting arcade games about 10 years ago, we happened upon a functioning Ms Pacman machine in a yard sale for something like 50 bucks That machine has made several moves with him and he now has 3 or 4 other machines mostly in storage due to the space problem. Pinball machines are even bigger than his machines.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Bev, if he is looking to unload those machines, let me know.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY