Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Fundraiser help

no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Fundraiser help

by carla griffin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:07 am

I'm helping a friend put together a fundraiser for about 100 people. She needs either a caterer that is willing to do it for the exposure or pretty inexspensively OR some good ideas for nibbles that we can do ourselves. (other than the usual chicken wings/chip/dip fare.)
Does anybody have any idesa that you don't mind sharing?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:48 am

I just helped with an event myself for UofL and had no luck at all getting donated food. I tried caterers, every large supermarket, many small grocers, and a few restaurants. They all said that they do, indeed, donate, but that they are tapped out this year and that this is the wrong time of year to ask. Most supermarkets want a lead time of 2 months at least.

Perhaps they were just giving me the brush off, but I am usually pretty good at this sort of thing, I felt most were being sincere in their response.

Last year I put together a retirement dinner together on less than a shoestring budget and found that Masterson's had the most inexpensive catering menu I had ever seen. The food, while certainly not haute, was abundant and very good.
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:49 am

I would suggest walking around Sams or Costco one day with a pad of paper and a pen. It will give you a world of ideas, so if you do end up doing it yourself, you'll have a plan and know exactly how much it is going to cost you.
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:57 am

Carla:
Call my mgr at Impellizzeri's Pizza, 454-2711 His name is Greg. He will be in Monday from 9am-6pm. I'm not saying we would donate everything but we may be able to work something out.

Wes Phelps
Impellizzeri's Pizza
1381 Bardstown Rd
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:47 am

You see, this is why I love this site. Every time I've had a problem or question re: food I can always go here and get great help or suggestions that are really applicable.
You folks are the best.
Thaks abunch. :D
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:07 am

Gordons food service also has lots of catering stuff ready made. No membership fees to go there.

GG.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:12 am

Check with your local Starbucks...they are usualy good about helping out fundraisers..