Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:you wanna pick the guy out of a lineup?
DemReggaeBon.com

Or send a link to this thread to DemReggaeBon@Yahoo.com and invite them to comment ...

That sounds very tempting, but I hate to do it from my personal email.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:03 pm

Jessica Hardison wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:you wanna pick the guy out of a lineup?
DemReggaeBon.com

Or send a link to this thread to DemReggaeBon@Yahoo.com and invite them to comment ...

That sounds very tempting, but I hate to do it from my personal email.

i'm not entirely sure, but it's seems phpBB formats would likely have a 'email this link to a friend' button that could be added in, saving you from emailing them directly... Robin?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:25 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:I'm not entirely sure, but it's seems phpBB formats would likely have a 'email this link to a friend' button that could be added in, saving you from emailing them directly... Robin?

Nope, sorry, PhpBB2 does not have that feature.

If nobody else wants to do it, though, I'll be happy to Email them. I don't care if they know my name, and frankly, if one of their guys is doing this, I think they would want to know about it. Before I Email them, though, anyone in this thread who might be uneasy about that should speak up.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:I'm not entirely sure, but it's seems phpBB formats would likely have a 'email this link to a friend' button that could be added in, saving you from emailing them directly... Robin?

Nope, sorry, PhpBB2 does not have that feature.

If nobody else wants to do it, though, I'll be happy to Email them. I don't care if they know my name, and frankly, if one of their guys is doing this, I think they would want to know about it. Before I Email them, though, anyone in this thread who might be uneasy about that should speak up.

Thanks Robin.
no avatar
User

Rick Adams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

by Rick Adams » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:56 am

This guy tried to hit me up when I worked at L&N. He came to our back door with the story of my car ran out of gas and I have a gig at the olmsted. Fortunately my dishwasher knew his scam and ran him off. As far as I know he's not in the band.
User

Dave Nelson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:44 am

Original Highlands

by Dave Nelson » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:36 am

The same guy hit me up at about 11:00 p.m. Monday night the 19th while I was walking home from work. This occured at East Breckenridge and Baxter. He gave the same story about needing a tow from Jim Porters Tavern. So I'm thinking......what the hell are you doing up this way dude? I don't hand out ymy hard earned money to strangers on the street, so I politley declined. Then he asked for a cigarette, so I told him I don't smoke, even though I do!
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:11 am

Whenever a panhandler asks me for some money I always say:

"Sorry...Starbucks / Heine Brothers took my last five dollars"

The sad reality is that seven out of ten times, I'm actually making a true statement...
Previous