Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:23 pm

Credit Unions are the best. I've been with mine for about 12 years and I will never, ever, ever 'bank' with a bank again. Even if 5/3 if fixing it now, it is inevitable that something will happen again in the future. That's how banks make their money. I would highly recommend him switching to a credit union. L&N Federal Credit Union's main branch is on the corner of Southern Parkway and Woodlawn. It would be a quick bus ride for him straight down Southern Parkway.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:02 pm

Good news! 5/3 has reversed the charges and will be issuing some form of debit card that can be used only by the owner. I don't really understand that or how it differs from a regular debit card, but the concept is just what's needed. Our gardener should be pleased. We certainly are pleased!

Thanks again to C. Devlin and any others who sent a message to 5th/3rd. There are people at this bank with a heart and a conscience.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:17 pm

Leah s wrote:Good news! 5/3 has reversed the charges and will be issuing some form of debit card that can be used only by the owner. I don't really understand that or how it differs from a regular debit card, but the concept is just what's needed. Our gardener should be pleased. We certainly are pleased!

Thanks again to C. Devlin and any others who sent a message to 5th/3rd. There are people at this bank with a heart and a conscience.

Glad it all worked out, Leah. It's unfortunate, though, that front line bank staff don't have the authority (or initiative) to solve the problem immediately and it takes airing in a public forum to goose it along.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:46 am

Leah s wrote:Good news! 5/3 has reversed the charges and will be issuing some form of debit card that can be used only by the owner. I don't really understand that or how it differs from a regular debit card, but the concept is just what's needed. Our gardener should be pleased. We certainly are pleased!

I'm so glad it worked out. I've run into issues like this with a couple of employees through another bank in this area and was never able to get anything resolved. I'm happy it was different in this case. And yes, there are some very good folks at that bank.
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:35 pm

I've used 5th 3rd for five years now, as I needed a bank that was both in Terre Haute and Louisville. I've always been happy with them.

On the other hand, First Savings Bank always wanted to treat me like a criminal when I wanted my money, and Chase has given my mother fits, often denying her use of her card if she spends $100 more than she normally does, without telling her, so she gets embarrassed at a restaurant. I will never use either of them.
Have you hugged your penguin today?
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:49 am

Oops, I sent you a PM without reading the full story, your original post made me very angry. Disregard my PM as I see you have probably resolved the matter.

-Scott
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:35 am

It's good to see a large company "Do The Right Thing" for the little guy...Somewhere Paige Davis is a singin' and a dancin' for the actions that were eventually taken by Fifth Third Bank...
Previous