Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Where To Buy?

no avatar
User

StaceyBreckel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am

Where To Buy?

by StaceyBreckel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 am

This is fairly off topic, but I'm not sure where else I might find someone who would know where to find what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone here might have an idea where to buy bulk amounts of things such as chicken, duck, and turkey necks/backs/frames (would also be happy with chicken/duck/turkey/beef/lamb/pork hearts/livers/kidneys). I have been buying from a woman who orders for a couple of people in the area, but she has started shorting me what I've ordered, and is not refunding me so I'm trying to find where to get them on my own. I have a large amount of storage freezer, and buy around 160lbs of the various parts each month once a month. I feed my dogs raw after having them all get very, very sick on one of the recall foods a while back. I'm feeding 10 Shetland Sheepdogs, a Border Collie, and a Papillon. All are conformation and agility show dogs. I'm just not sure where to go about getting them on my own, and would rather avoid dealing with the woman I was buying from. She isn't going to share where she gets them as it is part of her natural dog business.
I'm trying to find a good deal and somewhere that can get that large an amount of various parts regularly for me. Feeding 12 dogs raw isn't cheap, and I try to keep the dog food budget under $200 a month. I've been getting 30-40lb boxes ranging from $23-$35 a box, depending on what I'm getting.
Any help on leads would be much appreciated. I figured maybe with the number of people in the restaurant business on this forum that someone might know where to get this.

Stacey
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Re: Where To Buy?

by Lois Mauk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Stacey, I'm forwarding a link to this page to a couple of friends in our Greyhound adoption group who feed raw. I'm sure they'll be in touch if they have any leads for you.

Lois
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am

And I've moved the discussion to a forum with a little more traffic. Annemarie's old forum has been pretty much dead since she moved on down the road.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Have you tried Restaurant Depot? Their meat prices are very reasonable.-- You might also ask at the local feed stores or Southern States if they know of anyone that would sell to you direct. Hope this helps.pb :D
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:37 am

Stacey,
Did you find a supplier? I have a couple of families I work for that own large dogs that would consider buying from you if you are interested. PM me if you are. Thanks!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson