Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Extreme Home Makeover comes to Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:19 pm

User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:32 pm

That's very cool, Leah. Thanks for pointing it out. Patrick is a neat kid (man) who has made a lot of good stories come out in recent years.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:58 am

I've seen Patrick at UL games. A very deserving family. Sadly, there are lots of Patricks that don't get picked by a TV show.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:31 am

I think this is a great marketing trend. The sponsors (isn't it Sears?) pay for most of the materials, appliances, home wares etc. and get great exposure for being generous , civic minded companies. I'd much rather see them spend their advertising dollars this way than find yet another 20 page -glossy -slick-goes right into the garbage- insert in my Sunday paper. It's a win win situation as far as I can see. It also serves as a reminder of those out there that have so much less then we ourselves may have.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:25 am

When I was coming home yesterday I saw a large traffic sign on Beuchel Bypass that said "Beuchel Bank Road closed to through traffic, Nov 7-15." But then I didn't see anything when going down Beuchel Bank besides a couple police cars. When I got home we were watching the news before my wife had to go into the hospital, which is odd because we never watch the news at that time of day. There was a piece on the makeover though, and that's when I found it was on BB road, and that's what the sign was about. Basically just down the street from me. Very cool!
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:14 pm

The current issue of Business First includes a list of organizations contributing time or materials. The list includes restaurants and others discussed in this forum. Thank you to the following (bravo!):

Bristol Bar and Grill
Bridgeman Foods
Consumers Choice Coffee
Fifth Third Bank :)
Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen
Hooters :shock:
Karem's
KFC
Krispy Kreme
Mark's Feed Store
Outback Steakhouse
Papa John's
Subway
Texas Roadhouse
White Castle
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Those of us on the "VIP" side of things (no we didn't get to go in) got a great view of them bringing things into the house, plus some great food! (My dad is a builder, so we know the Pusateri family well).

The night I was there, Outback provided the food, and they had ribs, steak, salad, cinnamon apples, baked potato, bread, and cheesecake. And it was delicious, particularly for food brought in from a restaurant offsite.

Also, we tried some excellent mojito cola (sans the rum), though those who like rum could definitely add that to their liking. The owner of the company, which is local, was there giving them out.

http://www.havanacola.com/